+ Post New Thread
*nix Thread, Debian on HyperV in Technical; Has anyone got this working perfectly? I thought I had. First I downloaded a pre modified kernel from the internet ...

Thank Post

Debian on HyperV

Has anyone got this working perfectly?

I thought I had. First I downloaded a pre modified kernel from the internet (naughty I know). After a while that build loses network connection/dies completely, so I built my own as per these instructions Yusuf Ozturk Building your own Debian Kernel packages for Hyper-V Support

But now I get a "BUG: scheduling while atomic" error. Everything else seems fine, but I haven't put it into production so don't know if it would die under load.

Anyone got Debian working completely? (I'm using squeeze but lenny would do)

Thank Post
    I've got Lenny running on 2008 Hyper-V. I'd forgotten all about it until I read this, I set up Koha on it but it's never been used. I believe the only issue I had was mouse support. Just checked and it's been up for 80 days by the look of it, which must mean that the host server is long overdue a reboot......

Thank Post
    I'm running Ubuntu 11.04 under Hyper-V R2 for our pupil's proxy and it works fine out of the box, but you have to use the legacy network adapter when setting up the VM and once in Ubuntu you might need to enable some kernel modules:
    Installing Ubuntu Server 10.10 on Hyper-V - Virtual PC Guy&#39s WebLog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

It's for 10.10 but it worked on 11.04 for me, the trickier bit was setting up the system to use our ISA proxy!

I realise you said Debian, but the process might be fairly similar or you might get away with using Ubuntu seeing as it's based on Debian etc.
    Last edited by Blue_Cookeh; 18th July 2011 at 11:03 AM.

Thank Post
    There are quite a few driver issues related to Linux VM's on HyperV and visa versa. Microsoft have been contributing a lot of code to 3.0 which seems to be along these lines of improvement.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread