+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
*nix Thread, PowerPoint Viewer for Linux in Technical; Fair point, my market share numbers probably are a bit outdated (they were off-the-top-of-head numbers). To be fair though, I'm ...
    Thank Post
    Fair point, my market share numbers probably are a bit outdated (they were off-the-top-of-head numbers).

To be fair though, I'm not looking for a cross-platform video delivery system here; I'm looking for a simple, easy-to-use, low support way of non-technical teachers putting together a presentation which includes video for use on our plasma screen (perhaps I should have said that earlier!). You can praise the open source world and talk about hand-held devices all you want, but here and now, for this project, I need PowerPoint.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by enjay View Post
    To be fair though, I'm not looking for a cross-platform video delivery system here
    You asked for showing video on Linux via PowerPoint, definitely sounds like a cross-platform delivery system. You might be better using a Windows netbook much more straight forward.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,308 Times in 1,784 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by enjay View Post
    Fair point, my market share numbers probably are a bit outdated (they were off-the-top-of-head numbers).

To be fair though, I'm not looking for a cross-platform video delivery system here; I'm looking for a simple, easy-to-use, low support way of non-technical teachers putting together a presentation which includes video for use on our plasma screen (perhaps I should have said that earlier!). You can praise the open source world and talk about hand-held devices all you want, but here and now, for this project, I need PowerPoint.
    I don't think you're going to find a simple answer for videos in Impress - it just isn't designed for it. Have you tried the wine/powerpoint viewer option? You should be able to do something via that.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by somabc View Post
    You might be better using a Windows netbook much more straight forward.
    You're probably right, I was just trying to save a few pennies on a Windows licence. By the time I factor in the additional training Linux, Impress/Wine generate, it probably isn't a saving though.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12