+ Post New Thread
*nix Thread, locking down ubuntu 10.4 in Technical; im trying to lock down an install so they can pretty much run firefox and rdp . Ive managed to ...

Thank Post

locking down ubuntu 10.4

im trying to lock down an install so they can pretty much run firefox and rdp. Ive managed to create a profile using user profile editor (sabayon) and have lockdown editor installed but i cant seem to stop users form running say terminal all options look licked to me they just seem to be ignored. the user im trying to apply this to (tsuser) is a member of users.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank Post
    Not sure if you have fixed this, but to locked down my Ubuntu machines here I use gconf-editor.

3. Thanks to linuxgirlie from:

sted (29th May 2010)

Thank Post
    not yet im frd up of weekend working (nut it bugs me not knowing the answer) i was supposed to have time to do it today but i ended up imaging pcs 1 new desktop and 10 laptops (2 total images) then having to go to a school to install more laptops. The school thats looking at going with linux thinish clients im at tomorrow so should have a go then

Thank Post
    tried to do some work at the school yesterday but the damn lea isp beats me again cant download updates/extra packages via their system properly so it borked the install saying sabayon was an unverified package and half installing so it just crashed. Tried 10 on one of the spare pcs that i was going to work on to start with and its too slow 9.1 though is fine. Got it locked down enough to be happy with its probably not 100% but as long as i have a ghost image im not too worried just trying to remove the obvious stuff.

Wonder if i can apply my sabayon policy to network users and add the pc to ad rather than as now just have a local tsuser who can use open office and firefox locally and has a ts shortcut on desktop (seems silly to force a ts logon to look something up on the net or do a quick document but may have to look into printing may just be lazy and add the printer direct rather than via the windows server)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread