*nix Thread, Zimbra 6.0 is going to Rock in Technical; Zimbra Product Portal
I just hope they don't wait 10yrs to release the next one...
21st April 2009, 03:24 PM #1
Zimbra 6.0 is going to Rock
Zimbra Product Portal
I just hope they don't wait 10yrs to release the next one
21st April 2009, 03:28 PM #2
New stuff for Zimbra 6 in human-readable format.
- A new horizontal ‘three panel’ view with the message on the right.
- There are now tabs for individual messages as well as the compose page.
- Document & Briefcase access from the standard HTML client.
- Share management & discovery UI that lets you see all shares (email, contacts, calendar, tasks, docs, etc) at a glance. Join a distribution list late? Find all existing shares with the group.
- The ability to run existing email filters over the contents of a folder.
- Did you get it? Know instantly, as read receipts have been implemented in the web-client.
- Improved calendar resource auto-accept/decline conflict handling.
- Calendar fisheye view - previously in Zimbra Desktop, now in ZCS.
- Auto-updating RSS feeds & ICS event URLs on a configurable schedule.
- Per-user blacklists & whitelists are exposed in the revamped mail preferences area.
- ‘Published’ Zimlets management for end users in options. (Zimlets themselves can now define a new application or preferences tab.)
- Mobile web-client overhauls: Including a special mini logon page, better appointment creation, and six new variants based on device type and connection speed.
- Auto-complete from shared address books; and recently used contacts are presented first.
- Configurable spell check on every send.
- On-behalf-of aka sendAs option on compose in shared folders/relationship accounts.
- Appointment list view & refined print layouts.
- Full featured detached message view for the advanced AJAX client.
- Attach files during mail compose directly from the briefcase; in the briefcase UI you can now send as attachments or links.
- Pressure-based scrolling of folder and message list (within the same page).
- OpenLDAP now allows for some on-the-fly configuration changes with zmlocalconfig via a cn=config backend instead of slapd.conf text files for preservation across upgrades.
- GALsync accounts via datasource contact folders with sorting, browsing, and enhanced client usability.
- MySQL as the logger DB has been removed, in favor of more zmstat service implementation mixed with SQLite & RRD for the new logger service.
- Role based delegated permissions on every individual feature. Now you can create distribution list managers, while HSP’s can give someone permission to manage multiple domains from one login. (Available in both network and open source editions - the network edition will include easy admin console configuration.)
If they remain on schedule, our users will be in for a treat when they return in September.
21st April 2009, 03:36 PM #3
- Plays "Welcome to the Jungle" When you log in
21st April 2009, 07:04 PM #4
Originally Posted by webman
Do you know when it is due to be released? Is it during or before 6 weeks holidays?
21st April 2009, 07:55 PM #5
They reckon it will be available on 29th June (bit that says GA, under 'Milestones'). So if it does slip, it should still make it into the summer hols maintenance window.
21st April 2009, 07:56 PM #6
I'm feeling warm and gooey inside thinking about it
By ChrisC in forum Gaming
Last Post: 4th March 2009, 09:24 PM
Last Post: 23rd February 2009, 11:26 AM
By cheredenine in forum *nix
Last Post: 13th January 2009, 09:05 AM
By ninjabeaver in forum Hardware
Last Post: 21st May 2008, 08:15 AM
By SYSMAN_MK in forum Jokes/Interweb Things
Last Post: 5th March 2008, 03:10 PM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
Tags for this Thread