+ Post New Thread
*nix Thread, Network Guardian and Google searches in Technical; My Network Guardian is modifying URLs for safe search which is normal but google is slowing to a crawl. When ...
    Thank Post

Network Guardian and Google searches

My Network Guardian is modifying URLs for safe search which is normal but google is slowing to a crawl. When I examine the URL it looks like this:

Code:
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=blood+sugar+&meta=&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=active&safe=vss&safe=a
    Which cant be right. It also has a code 302.

Any ideas?

Thank Post
    It is an incredibly safe search by the looks of it

Thank Post
    Chris, what were the steps taken to arrive at this? Was it simply going to the front page and typing in "blood sugar" for example?

Is there anything else you have installed that may be trying to do safe search type things? safe=active doesn't look like us... is there perhaps an upstream proxy doing some meddling?

We have a slight issue with safe search at the moment which will be fixed in tonight's blocklists. If you have only seen this issue today, I would see how it gets on tomorrow.

Cheers,

Rob.

Thank Post
    Our LEA does do safesearch as well on their upstream but I plucked this from the web filter log so I assumed this was recorded prior to it being sent out.

This is indeed somebody just going to google's front page and typing in bood sugar.

Thank Post
    A HTTP 302 is a redirection, so it may be that the way in which your LEA does safesearch involves forcing the redirect, hence you will see it in your local logs.

As a test now you can try disabling the SmoothWall safesearch, but if you can hold out I would recommend instead trying again tomorrow morning after our changes have been pushed through in tonight's blockies.

Cheers,

Rob.

Thank Post
    I will hold out for tommorow thanks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread