+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
*nix Thread, Extracting the Cups Drivers on Ubuntu 7.10 in Technical; Just to tidy up the thread i have since decided to move on from the Linux and PyKota installation due ...

Thank Post
    Just to tidy up the thread i have since decided to move on from the Linux and PyKota installation due the amount of issues i was running into and the time scale i have. I decided to give Paper Cut a try and it does what i need without the issue of needing kerberised print queues. Instead of monitoring 1 set of queues on one server, Paper cut allows me to monitor 2 sets of queues on individual servers but hosting the quota system in one location.

Thanks for all the help though. It was most appreciated and if nothing else, it was a great Linux experience and certainly helped me understand it a bit better. I will most likely look at implementing something on a Linux server in the future, maybe a File server since it seemed pretty quick and easy to get this part up and running.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HodgeHi View Post
    Just to tidy up the thread i have since decided to move on from the Linux and PyKota installation due the amount of issues i was running into and the time scale i have. I decided to give Paper Cut a try and it does what i need without the issue of needing kerberised print queues. Instead of monitoring 1 set of queues on one server, Paper cut allows me to monitor 2 sets of queues on individual servers but hosting the quota system in one location.

Thanks for all the help though. It was most appreciated and if nothing else, it was a great Linux experience and certainly helped me understand it a bit better. I will most likely look at implementing something on a Linux server in the future, maybe a File server since it seemed pretty quick and easy to get this part up and running.

It's always handy getting used to the system and how it works before starting a test, albeit step-by-step.

Nothings stopping you grabbing an old P3 system with minimal ram, taking it home and installing Ubuntu on it and messing around. It's how I learnt.. by butchering systems together =]

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234