+ Post New Thread
*nix Thread, CentOS & KS3 ICT Tests in Technical; So the Head of ICT wants to run the KS3 ICT tests and since last year when the tests were ...
    Thank Post

Thumbs down CentOS & KS3 ICT Tests

So the Head of ICT wants to run the KS3 ICT tests and since last year when the tests were canned - our network has changed drastically and the original install no longer exists.

I got a new install CD from RM and followed the detailed instructions for install onto Linux server. As they require Red Hat Enterprise, I substituted that request for CentOS 5.1

Installation seems to go swimmingly with no errors, all users created, postgres setup properly, tomcat installed etc. etc.

The problem I have is when trying to access the https://server:8443/qca site - which throws up a 404 error "The requested resource (/qca/) is not available". I've checked /usr/local/aps/tomcat/webapps and there is a 'qca' folder that contains properly configured WEB-INF folder and web.xml files.

I can browse to the root (https://server:8443) and get the Tomcat generic homepage.

All help gratefully received!

Cheers

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    I can confirm the aps server works on Centos, although I've not looked at it for a while since the tests were dropped.

Can you confirm the tomcat_aps service is running, any errors on starting it/

Code:
    /etc/init.d/aps_tomcat status
    and that postgres is running.

Thank Post
    Hi

[root@VM-KS3 qca]# service aps_tomcat status
    Tomcat is running.
    [root@VM-KS3 qca]# service postgresql status
    postmaster (pid 2237 2236 2235 2233 2230) is running...
    Both services startup on boot and start/stop without error

Just to expand a little - CentOS is running on VMware Server on a Windows 2003 r2 host. Ethernet is bridged
    Last edited by mortstar; 17th March 2008 at 02:27 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    've checked /usr/local/aps/tomcat/webapps and there is a 'qca' folder that contains properly configured WEB-INF folder and web.xml files.
    I'm not sure if its relevant, mine is here /usr/local/aps/tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.12/webapps/qca
    but this may be a very old version, we stopped using it but I kept it on the server.
    I guess you have the correct perms on the qca directory (mine is rwx tomcat).
    now I think about it, I recall that I had some confusion with the tomcat user (the service runs as root anyway). I'm not sure exactly what it was as it was so long ago. I do remember that, as usual RM were as useless as tits on a hedgehog.

Thank Post
    Sorry

I missed out that dir, but it is the same structure on mine

/usr/local/aps/tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.12/webapps/qca
    I'll check the permissions now

Thank Post

KS3

Did you ever fix this as I'm getting the same on RH 5.2

Ta

M

Thank Post
    Just in case anyone has the same trouble and finds this thread, for me this was down to missing libraries required by libJCryptoUtils.so:

The tomcat log output (/usr/local/aps/tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.12/logs/catalina.out) was as follows:
    java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/local/aps/tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.12/webapps/qca/WEB-INF/classes/qca/aps/resources/Dll/libJCryptoUtils.so: libcrypto.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    The issue seemed to be that it required alot of older libs, standard on Fedora 7 but not on the newer stuff - I was using Fedora 9, expect CentOS 5.1 falls into the same category.

I've made a little package of the required libs if anyone wants to save trawling through rpmfind: http://jim.geezas.com/stuff/linux/ks...atlibs.tar.bz2

To use to navigate to /usr/local/aps and extract it:
    [root@ks3-tests aps]# pwd
    /usr/local/aps
    [root@ks3-tests aps]# tar -xvjf /tmp/ks3-aps-compatlibs.tar.bz2
    tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.12/webapps/qca/WEB-INF/classes/qca/aps/resources/Dll/compat_lib/
    etc
    etc
    It creates a new directory in the aps directory structure, you'll also need to modify the aps init script at /etc/init.d/aps_tomcat to look for the new libs, you can modify the LD_LIBRARY_PATH as follows:
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/aps/tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.12/webapps/qca/WEB-INF/classes/qca/aps/resources/Dll/other/:/usr/local/aps/tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.12/webapps/qca/WEB-INF/classes/qca/aps/resources/Dll/compat_lib/:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Thank Post
    To get it to work on 64-bit Centos 5.3, I also had to grab the 32-bit version of libgdbm.so.2, from gdbm.i386 0:1.8.0-26.2.1.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread