+ Post New Thread
*nix Thread, Introduction to Exa and why we sponsored the *nix forum in Technical; Hi All, Just thought I would drop a quick posting on here to firstly say hello, and secondly explain a ...
    Thank Post

Introduction to Exa and why we sponsored the *nix forum

Hi All,

Just thought I would drop a quick posting on here to firstly say hello, and secondly explain a little about Exa and why we chose to sponsor the *nix forum.

So first things first, "Hello". my name is Mark Cowgill, I am the co-founder and director of Exa. Exa is an Internet Service Provider, that caters primarily to education, and we look after thousands of schools throughout the UK; and secondly to the business market. We do not have a home user division.

As an ISP we have been providing our services in to schools for over a decade now, covering everything from connectivity, content filtering, email, hosting and security through to more bespoke solutions. If you are interested in any of the services we offer feel free to PM me any time, if you would like to speak to any of our schools for references or you just have a general question on Exa, again just PM me, or of course you could just ring the office too, we are nice people I promise, and we never hard sell.

Okay, enough about that side, so why the *nix forum. For one someone else was already doing the Internet one but being more serious; as well as being an ISP we are a software development house; we develop and run our services primarily on *nix platforms. Our in house systems team and R&D teams have been working on *nix platforms for far longer than any of us care to remember, and we do consider ourselves to be somewhat experienced in this field, and we thought it would be good to share some of that experience and expertise with anyone else interested in developing on, or running *nix platforms.

We also have a good track record of developing lots of opensource projects including software such as ExaProxy and ExaBGP. In fact some of the biggest companies in the world including Microsoft and Facebook use our opensource software.

So if you have any questions on running *nix servers or developing for the platform(s) pm me or any of my colleagues that you will see on here from time to time and we will do our best to help. Please bear in mind if we don't come back to you immediately it is not that we are ignoring you, it's just we all have the full time job of running and developing for Exa and keeping all our customers happy too!

Look forward to chatting with many of you over the years to come.

2. Thanks to exa_mark from:

cpjitservices (6th May 2014)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread