+ Post New Thread
*nix Thread, Problems with USB bluetooth dongle and BT Keyboard in Technical; Hi all, I'm trying to make work a bluetooth keyboard in a system with kubuntu 13.10 x64 and a USB ...

Thank Post

Angry Problems with USB bluetooth dongle and BT Keyboard

Hi all, I'm trying to make work a bluetooth keyboard in a system with kubuntu 13.10 x64 and a USB Bluetooth dongle.

I've some problems:

FIRST PROBLEM: Dongle not detected when restart.

If I plug the USB dongle when computer is on and ubuntu has boot, its recognized; but most times when I restart or shutdown/boot computer when dongle is connected, it's not recognized and I have to unplug and plug it again. It's really annoying, I've been a long time looking for information and I found many people with the problem but I find not a solution.

SECOND PROBLEM: Having to navigate to menu and select "connect"

The first time I want to configure keyboard I use the usual way: Put keyboard on search mode and connect it entering the numerical key on keyboard. Then it's linked with computer and works like a charm. The problem comes again when I restart... then, once detected que dongle, keyboard does'n work on system start, I have to go to bluetooth menu, go to que keyboard and select "connect" (of course, I need to have a non bluetooth mouse to do this).

THIRD PROBLEM
    Even when I go to the menu and select Keyboard model-->Connect, it works only if in this moment when computer search it, I disconnect and re-connect the keyboard with the on/off button.

To sum up:
    Once configured the keyboard, on every start I have to unplug/plug USB dongle, then using other mouse device go and select "connect", and then unplug/plug keyboard.

I want the keyboard to work on every system boot automatically, am I asking for an impossible thing?

Many thanks in advance

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    you can inspect the output of 'dmesg' to see if the bluetooth device is being detected correctly. If it isn't then there's a driver module issue at fault (it would be useful to know what bluetooth stack/hardware modules are in use). If it is then it's a hci issue. You can debug this further with 'hcidump'.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread