+ Post New Thread
*nix Thread, mapping drives in Technical; hi all in a previous post i had a problem with adding users and this problem has been solved. The ...

Thank Post

mapping drives

hi all

in a previous post i had a problem with adding users and this problem has been solved. The server is a linux server running samba and all the clients are XP

I now have an ongoing problem with a user on the system when trying to map drives. The user needs 2 drives mapped the 1st one is \\server1\public which is the P drive and i get the following error:

The network folder specified is currently mapped using a different user name and password. To connect using a different username and password, first disconnect any existing mappings to this network share.

Followed by:

The mapped network drive could not be created because the followinbg error has occured:
    Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowe. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again.

All other users are able to access the drives and the user has been added using the usermod -g command.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rich

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 870 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: mapping drives

If you try to connect to the share from the Windows Explorer/Map Network Drive dialog there is a 'Connect Using a Different User Name' option below the box where the share name goes. If you try diffrent usernames in here [administrator or your user name] while making sure that you leave the 'Remember Password' or 'Reconnect At Logon' box unticked this might help you to identify if it is his domain user, his password or the computer account which is giving you these problems.

If it is not any of these perhaps this will help you to eliminate these possibilities and narrow the field a little.

Thank Post

Re: mapping drives

all other users are ok. This is a new user that i raised and am experiencing problems with this one

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread