+ Post New Thread
*nix Thread, How effective is clamav in Technical; How effective is clamav ui'm running mailcleaner and it seems to get about 75% of spam, but a lot of ...

Thank Post

How effective is clamav

How effective is clamav

ui'm running mailcleaner and it seems to get about 75% of spam, but a lot of exe's seem to slip through, uploading to an online scanner instantly flags them as malware/virus clamav doesn't detect them and doesn't from the command line, i'm using the sanesecurity updates, hmmm thinking I'll keep mailcleaner for spam and insert a windows smtp gateway between it and exchange with windows virus scanners ????

thoughts please? I know its filtery based but i couldn't decided between this forum or the filtering /tinternet one

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    On debian based systems make sure you install the 'clamav-unofficial-sigs' package. These include a lot of URL, image and spam based signatures not covered by the more generic ClamAV offical signature db.

Thank Post
    it is... via this ClamAV Unofficial Signatures Updater | Free software downloads at SourceForge.net

you can't use apt-get because the clamav install is part of mailcleaner so isn't officially installed as far as the package manager is concerned.

I setup a windows mail realy as the second stage, using Trend OfficeScan (as thats what we use on endpoints) so it autoupdates itself and seems have been quite sucessfull.

i used this for the second stage hMailServer - Free email server for Microsoft Windows

at least source is available in case i need to modify, (maybe add more that one virus scanner.)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread