+ Post New Thread
*nix Thread, iFolder... in Technical; Anyone using iFolder ? I have a VM with it on - the OS is OpenSuse Enterprise but I was ...
    Thank Post

iFolder...

Anyone using iFolder ?

I have a VM with it on - the OS is OpenSuse Enterprise but I was wondering whether anyone else uses it ?

Thank Post
    yes, you would be surprised how many and who is using it. However after much research into the shortcomings and underlying code we have decided to develop a suitable replacement. Please join us at nofolder.com for up to date news on the development. I have assisted in hundreds of installs and written a widely used tutorial: http://www.nofolder.com/wp-content/u...rough-11.3.pdf

all the best,
    daniel

Thank Post
    Well I'm actually looking for something like Alfresco, Version control is a must and maybe inline edit. Ive never been able to get Alfresco working especially with CIFS browsing.

Ill take a look at nofolder see what it can offer.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjitservices View Post
    Version control is a must and maybe inline edit.
    I completely agree and nofolder will provide this, online edits possibly in the future. The ability to rool back any file to any previous point in time. The big things are LDAP/AD support from day one (local database for users for non LDAP/AD installs) and the ability to encrypt all data on the server (thereby securing all data outside of your client). All data is transferred https only. Public file linking with expiring links. Group shared folders and conflict resolution. Real-time file hashing and much more. We're not quite ready for the beta release but I have been working up to this for about 5 years now and is really close. Best of all, the server and desktop will be free of charge for any install, home, enterprise or university with zero premium content. the mobile clients will be $5 through the platform's distribution channels to help fund development.

I am looking into offering a home device that will act as router, and nas running our software.

Please stay tuned.
    best,
    dan

Thank Post
    hey dan asked me on here, I co-author nofolder, (for what it's worth) i'm from east yorkshire.. tell this guy I used to work for bishop burton and live near Gilberdyke

Thank Post
    I am in East Yorkshire also, Hull to be precise. Used to work at Hull College.

Thank Post
    aahhh ok, I use ifolder a lot, but I am developing the nofolder platform to superceede it.. the server is complete and the client mostly complete.. do you care to know more about this whole thing ? Have you ever participated in an open source application?

Thank Post
    added u on linked in

Thank Post
    If I'm honest I'd rather stick with iFolder simply because I come from a Novell background and have worked with Novell for many years. Even networks that I've migrated off of Netware I have managed to make them stick to Novell iFolder.

NoFolder looks good, but I don't think it's quite what I'm looking for, what I'm after is something like Alfresco.

Document Management | Open Source Collaboration Software | Alfresco

Thank Post
    Hey guys, Im actually looking at pulling down my Novell server with iFolder on it as its getting buggy now with Windows clients not being able to connect by using the client.

Ideally, I'd like to keep all of my servers on the same Linux family - Redhat. Most of my servers are either Fedora or CentOS.

Will nofolder run under CentOS ???

Thanks - hope to hear from you soon.

Chris.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information