+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
IT News Thread, Leap 3D Motion Control System: A new gesture based interface for computers in Other News; Shame about the delay. Was looking forward to getting mine. Still, I would rather see it delayed than get a ...

Thank Post
    Shame about the delay. Was looking forward to getting mine. Still, I would rather see it delayed than get a buggy device.

It will be worth the wait.

Thank Post
    I want one, but like the Pi I don't think I'll buy one - I don't really have a use for it, nor the expertise to build something I could use (wrist-mounted gesture-controlled pip-boy-like device springs immediately to mind)
    Last edited by Garacesh; 26th April 2013 at 10:35 AM.

Thank Post
    There could be some interesting ways to use this in education.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,825 Times in 2,084 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    Wonder if it would work with MPS2012 for metro, might buy a suite full if so.
    It looks like it will if the video below of Windows 8 is anything to go by.

Leap Motion revealed a new video today showing off the device's gesture control capabilities with Windows 7 and 8. When plugged into a Windows OS device, the Leap Motion will support full multitouch gestures out of the box, allowing users to click, drag, scroll, swipe and rotate screens entirely with gestural input. Leap Motion's previous demos focused on native apps and building out the device's Airspace app store, but the latest news confirms that the device will also be useful for OS-level navigation. The company will enter its recently announced beta testing round next month, before the product's final release on July 22nd. (Source)
    Last edited by Arthur; 21st May 2013 at 04:56 AM.

Thank Post
    Not long now!

It was announced over a year ago as a new way to interact with a PC via a motion gesture capture add-on that its inventors claimed was "200 times more accurate than anything else on the market". This week, Leap Motion announced that the long awaited Leap device will finally start shipping to its pre-order customers later this week.

In a blog post, Leap Motion said the plan is to start authorizing the credit cards for people who have already pre-ordered the $79.99 Leap device this week. After that, the company will send a shipping confirmation and delivery of the first Leap product should arrive for those customers on Monday, July 22nd. (Source)

Thank Post
    Looking forward to mine arriving - any luck on my week off...

Thank Post
    I think I'm going to wait for a greater variety of compatability and some in-depth reviews before I buy one, but I'm still watching this with great interest.

I like it, but I'm not seeing much use for it, right now. Not for me.

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Sorry to bump but has anyone used one? We was looking at Mimio's, eBeams etc for our school, now we are an ALL mac school, so we want something that looks "Apple" I read about these whilst they were on Kickstarted and were collection ours from Maplin tomorrow (£65).

Now were only getting 1 as were not 100% this is for us! Now has anyone used these with a projector? Were hoping it is possible and the teacher can just sit wherever and take this with them and do all theres things, or possibly mount above the board facing down so kids can come up to the front and do some stuff etc?

Anyone tried anything like this?

Thank Post
    I really like the leap, but for games and geeky things. Once mastered it can be really intricate, fun and the apps coming out for it are very innovative. However I still think its a personal device, not a classroom tool. A teacher would be better off taking a gyromouse around the room than a leap and the students would have fun trying but be able to do little with it mounted. Please post back with how you found it.

Thank Post
    Well, talking further we are looking at making this a more personal device so our thoughts are the same, picking one up tomorrow and I tweeted Leap and now currently speaking to the head of the Enterprise team who's like us to be a Case Study for there website and will assist with any help and development they can to make it for for purpose within the educational market! So I will certainly keep active on this post

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,524 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Blog Entries
    HP offers Leap Motion-infused keyboard with desktop, all-in-one PCs - The Tech Report

Here's hoping they/someone else sell a keyboard separately. I still think motion is more likely to be the future for desktops/laptops than touch is.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12