+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
IT News Thread, Microsoft System Center 2012 has RTM'd in Other News; No probs with the SCCM2012SP1 upgrade, it all just worked.... all TS doing their thing, even with the new PE....

Thank Post
    No probs with the SCCM2012SP1 upgrade, it all just worked.... all TS doing their thing, even with the new PE.

Thank Post
    Not tried a OS Install yet since SP1 went in but noticed a few extra options for SUP:

On the "user Experience" page of the Deployment Wizard at the bottom there is a new checkbox for:
    Quote Originally Posted by Write filter handling for Windows Embedded devices
    Commit changes at deadline or during a maintenance window (requires restarts)
    If this option is not selected, content will be applied on the overlay and committed later
    On the "Specify download settings of this deployment" there are 2 new options:
    If software updates are not available on preferred distribution point or remote distribution point, download contents from Microsoft Updates.
    Allow clients on a metered Internet connection to download content after the installation deadline, which might incur additional costs

Thank Post
    Well I upgraded DPM2012 to DPM2012 SP1 on a 2008 R2 Server OK (well, besides all the backups not being consistent afterwards!)

I am still unclear about SCVMM2012 SP1, as I am sure it can only be installed on a 2012 Server (System Requirements: VMM Management Server).

Running the install on our 2008 R2 / SCVMM 2012 Server states:

"You cannot upgrade from the currently installed version of VMM to System Center 2012 SP1 - Virtual Machine Manager. You must first uninstall VMM, and then install System Center 2012 SP1. If you are running System Center 2012, when you uninstall VMM, you can retain the database. When you install System Center 2012 SP1, use the retained database"

Of course i have not progessed past this.

Certainly a catch 22 situation all these latest versions. It is bad enough that we can't do a (gradual) upgrade on our 2008 R2 Hyper-V hosts to 2012 as Server 2012 does not suppport 2008 Fail Over Clustering! Now I cannot upgrade SCVMM 2012 until we have a 2012 Server available; so that will need to be created/managed outside of SCVMM! Then i have a pass-through disk to contend with that the existing VMM Server uses for resources (SQL/Libraries) as it is a VM!

Well, will certainly will keep us busy.

(Im sure at times we wouldn't have as much hassle with VMWare )

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123