+ Post New Thread
IT News Thread, Childnet's Film in Other News; I've had an email in from Pippa Green over a Childnet Interntional about this year's film competition and I thought ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,779 Times in 1,104 Posts
    Blog Entries

Childnet's Film

I've had an email in from Pippa Green over a Childnet Interntional about this year's film competition and I thought it would be worth sharing. Please let folk in your school know about it. For those who aren't aware of what Childnet do, they are involved in many of the eSafety Projects you hear about, ranging from the UK Safer Internet Centre, Know-It-All, Digizens and much more.

Hi everyone,

I am writing to let you know about Childnet's Film Competition 2012, and to encourage you to spread the word and encourage schools to enter. We are hoping to build on last year's success and see another batch of fantastic short films promoting the positive uses of the internet (previous winners can be seen on our website Childnet International).

Positive and inspiring use of the internet is at the heart of our Film Competition 2012. Childnet is inviting all schools and youth organisations in the UK to enter our challenge. Two separate projects are in place for primary and secondary aged children. The theme will be revealed to entrants on Monday 16th April 2012.

All shortlisted finalists will then be invited to a private screening of their filmin front of our judging panel at the BFI in Central London, where they will be awarded some fantastic prizes for their schools/youth group!

For your information the dates for the competition are as follows;

At a glance
    Competition opens: Monday 16th April 2012 @ 9am Competition closes: Friday 15th June 2012 @5pm Finalists notified: Friday 22nd June 2012 Screening & finalist event at the BFI: Monday 9th July 2012

If you would like to register a group of young people for the challenge please do so at film@childnet.com

If you think that you could assist in the promotion of our film competition with schools and young people we would really appreciate it! Additional information will be available on the Childnet webpage (Childnet International). It would be fantastic if you could share the news of our Film Competition on your website or social networking pages, or if we could be mentioned in any newsletters and mailing lists.

Any advice and support that you could offer for this project would be greatly appreciated. I would be delighted to give you more information about our approach to engaging children and young people in digital citizenship.

Kind Regards

Pippa Green
    Education and Youth Engagement Manager
    Good luck to all who take part.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,779 Times in 1,104 Posts
    Blog Entries
    And the competition is now open.

This year's themes are:

Primary: The internet can make your life much easier, let me show you.
    Secondary: "I'm a technophobe, get me out of here!' Can you convert a technophobe to the wonders of the internet?

To Find out more about this year's competitions please visit Childnet International : Film 2012

All shortlisted finalists will then be invited to a private screening of their film with the judging panel at a cinema in central London and will be awarded some fantastic prizes!

For your information the dates of the competition are as follows:

At a glance
    Competition opens: Monday 16th April 2012 @ 9am
    Competition closes: Friday 15th June 2012 @ 5pm
    Finalists notified: Friday 22nd June 2012
    Screening & finalists event: Monday 9th July 2012

If you would like to register a group of young people for the challenge please do so at film@childnet.com

Good luck, we are looking forward to seeing your short films!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread