+ Post New Thread
IT News Thread, edu tec class master in Other News; hi does anyone know how to use classmaster by edu tec? or recommend any websites?...
    Thank Post

Red face edu tec class master

hi does anyone know how to use classmaster by edu tec? or recommend any websites?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Not used it personally but seen demo's and used there hardware which wasn't the best! - Have you tried contacting them directly?

Thank Post
    i haven't but guess i would have to as i cant find any information on it. personally i would have to agree with you as their hardware really is not great!

thanks for the help

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sambora View Post
    i haven't but guess i would have to as i cant find any information on it. personally i would have to agree with you as their hardware really is not great!

thanks for the help
    I'm not really sure its that widely used to have loads of information about it. They are a pretty small company. I had around 120 machines at my last place of which about 50 got sent back/repaired! and i left a year after they where purchased!

Thank Post
    Hi there,
    We use Classmaster (version 5) and have manuals for the software - in paper and PDF format. If you are using a legal copy of Classmaster then I guess you could write them an email and ask them to send you a PDF.....
    Agree with the comments above, their hardware is poor - You can get far superior machines from the likes of Dell for more or less the same price as Edutec machines.
    Classmaster itself is just a suite of programs and an implementation of GPO that try to make administering a Windows network easier for non-IT staff. In my opinion and experience, their tools are crap, and are forever bombing out. I have instead just learnt how to circumnavigate them and edit databases/config files directly and will be recommending to the school that we move away from Classmaster and Edutec altogether.
    And don't get me started on their support!

Thank Post
    Hi

After reading the last post I felt compelled to join this forum and reply. I have spent the last 17 years building the business of EDUTEC based on the provision of quality products backed up by exceptional customer service and support. To learn of the dissatisfaction of any customer is a major failing. "Negroni99" Could I please ask you to kindly drop me an email detailing the problems you have had with both Classmaster and our hardware, so I may look into this for you and report accordingly. "sambora" I see you are in Epsom, there are lots of Classmaster users in the Surrey area I can arrange for you to speak with a nearby school that has Classmaster if that would help. If you contact our technical support helpdesk, they can send you either a paper copy or PDF of the Classmaster manual, also, if you think it would be helpful you would be more than welcome to attend the next Classmaster training day held here in Crawley. Please get in touch and let me know what would be your prefered option.

Kind regards

Andrew Bause
    Managing Director
    EDUTEC SCL Ltd.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by glennda View Post
    I'm not really sure its that widely used to have loads of information about it. They are a pretty small company. I had around 120 machines at my last place of which about 50 got sent back/repaired! and i left a year after they where purchased!
    what glennda doesn't mention here though is that the person who ordered those machines had already left and glennda went to work with them. and glennda ordered 30 of them before he left.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide54 View Post
    what glennda doesn't mention here though is that the person who ordered those machines had already left and glennda went to work with them. and glennda ordered 30 of them before he left.
    Technically 31!! And I seem to remember a certain governor insisting we only purchased machines from them. Is he still active that rather annoying man?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by glennda View Post
    Technically 31!! And I seem to remember a certain governor insisting we only purchased machines from them. Is he still active that rather annoying man?

no comment!

check this out though

https://www.duedil.com/director/9046...s-robert-bause

https://www.duedil.com/company/04763450/edutec-limited

Thank Post
    They've gone bust?

Thank Post
    sort of,

the original company went bust. probably to write off debts. and then they've started another one with a very similar name. the registered address's are different as well, but then the registered address was never the unit they actually operate out of.

Thank Post
    sort of,

the original company went bust. probably to write off debts. and then they've started another one with a very similar name. the registered address's are different as well, but then the registered address was never the unit they actually operate out of.
    Actually they merged with another company a while back which is where i think they got the SCL part from I seem to remember probably around oct 2011 if not earlier.

I think it was SCL online and by all accounts there hardware was just as bad!!

Thank Post
    i know they merged with another company, but all they needed to do was rename, read the part about debts owed etc.

Thank Post
    i know they merged with another company, but all they needed to do was rename, read the part about debts owed etc.
    saw that - but its unsurprising its not huge amounts - that could simply be stock they have bought in and not paid off. Its 30k and they are owed by clients 110 - so infact they are 80 grand up. Although looks like it owes the tax man 9k. Like the fact they are worth £1500!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread