Having been in a similar situation with PayPal myself I know exactly how the person in the article below feels. As we rely more and more on app stores and cloud services, I can see this becoming far more commonplace, where honest customers get punished and the criminals get away scot-free.

Link: www.lockergnome.com/osx/2012/02/28/paypal-apple-fraud-policies/

In mid-November last year, I woke up to the sound of my inbox suddenly being flooded with new messages. I have things set to alert me whenever PayPal, Wells Fargo, or iTunes e-mails me because I know that means that money is either being given to me or taken away. To my surprise, what I discovered that morning was incredibly concerning, and would result in what could be the most frustrating customer experience of my life.

That flood of e-mail I received came from two parties. iTunes was letting me know that purchases had been made inside of an app called iMobster. PayPal, on the other hand, was confirming these purchases and making me aware that it was drawing the funds out of my secondary payment method as I had recently depleted my PayPal account in a withdrawal.

These purchases kept coming in, one after another, until the total added up to roughly $470.00. Each transaction was handled separately, causing PayPal to withdraw funds 11 separate times. By the time I had changed my password in iTunes, I was out a small fortune.
[-- Snip --]

My Apple ID was also frozen (again), and this time I received some startling news from the supervisor at Mac support via the chat she had with iTunes support (which was apparently being very pushy with her for having bothered them).

She told me that if I reactivate my account now, and iTunes freezes it again, I’ll never regain access under any circumstances. That means that by using my Apple ID, I could risk losing access to my software purchases, licenses, and OS X Lion. Yes, I could lose everything I had spent my hard earned money on, having to start over from scratch with the hardware I still had in-hand. I’d have to buy Mac OS X Lion again, Final Cut Pro, Compressor, hundreds of dollars in iOS apps, and hundreds more in Mac software.

To say the least, I’m discouraged. The situation I currently find myself in is rather strange. Not only do I have to wait for a mandatory 30 days for PayPal to respond to Wells Fargo (its policy, apparently), but I risk losing all of my software during that time. I opted to have it hold off on reactivating my Apple ID, leaving me (and my wife) without the ability to update our software, register new devices, or enjoy any of the benefits of iCloud.