IT News Thread, Raspbmc – the XBMC distribution for Raspberry Pi in Other News; The official website ( raspbmc.com ) isn't live yet, but we now know what the initial feature list will be. ...
1st February 2012, 09:23 PM #1
Raspbmc – the XBMC distribution for Raspberry Pi
The official website (raspbmc.com) isn't live yet, but we now know what the initial feature list will be. Very impressive I have to say.
This is one that I am happy to announce. Very soon, you’ll be able to head over to www.raspbmc.com
for the RaspberryPi Media Center distribution, which will feature a simple, fast booting and auto updating system with XBMC media center. I’ll be incorporating the following features:
- Custom Linux distribution with minimalised kernel.
- UI installers for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X to allow installation onto a removable device
- PVR / AirTunes / AirPlay / Spotify integration
- Same stability and support as the Crystalbuntu Linux distribution
- Expansive capabilities allowing the installation of a desktop and web browser
- AFP, NFS and SMB file sharing
- Configuration utility allowing installation of custom nightlies, audio configuration, update management,
- Server mode – allows MySQL database hosting and Thumbnail sharing for XBMC multi-seat systems.
- 1080p decoding
- Much more…
I am very excited to announce this. Stay tuned, you’ll see bits and bobs popping up on SVN soon as I implement the update system and build the core architecture of the distribution. I’m more than familiar with working with resource constraints, I experienced this with the AppleTV, so I will be able to optimise the performance of this machine greatly. This will greatly reduce the cost of multi-seat XBMC installations to a mere $35 a piece. Not bad at all.
By Turbo-FB in forum RasPi: Ubuntu Linux
Last Post: 22nd January 2012, 09:29 PM
By Turbo-FB in forum RasPi: Other Linux
Last Post: 19th January 2012, 01:49 AM
By Turbo-FB in forum RasPi: Debian Linux
Last Post: 19th January 2012, 01:48 AM
By Turbo-FB in forum RasPi: Arch Linux
Last Post: 19th January 2012, 01:47 AM
By Turbo-FB in forum RasPi: Fedora Linux
Last Post: 19th January 2012, 01:42 AM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)