+ Post New Thread
IT News Thread, LGFL Buyback services in Other News; I believe the cuts to funding as meant schools will have to buy back services / consultancy from LFGL. If ...

Thank Post

LGFL Buyback services

I believe the cuts to funding as meant schools will have to buy back services / consultancy from LFGL. If I'm honest, I don't think I have ever contacted the LGFL and will be using their services. This year, even the broadband has been moved to Virgin. I find the whole experience, particularly their website, a poor one. I came across an interesting link to Intel who are doing some work in the education space, they are not selling any solutions but providing advise and guidance. If I had to choose between Intel and LFGL for advise, I know who I'd choose. Google 'Intel Transforming Education' if you want to know more (Sorry I can't share links here).

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Naimish View Post
    I believe the cuts to funding as meant schools will have to buy back services / consultancy from LFGL. If I'm honest, I don't think I have ever contacted the LGFL and will be using their services. This year, even the broadband has been moved to Virgin. I find the whole experience, particularly their website, a poor one. I came across an interesting link to Intel who are doing some work in the education space, they are not selling any solutions but providing advise and guidance. If I had to choose between Intel and LFGL for advise, I know who I'd choose. Google 'Intel Transforming Education' if you want to know more (Sorry I can't share links here).
    I would have thought that the LGFL would be in a better position to offer advice relating to the education sector than Intel.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AyatollahPies View Post
    I would have thought that the LGFL would be in a better position to offer advice relating to the education sector than Intel.
    That's what I would have thought but in all fairness I'm very disappointed with the LGFL. As an advisor, how can so many schools in London still be using IE 6? Just look at their own website, I can't find much innovation or excitement or ease of use. Teachers are not commercial people or naturally IT/Tech orientated. Of course this does not apply to all teachers but there is a good amount that are like this. I'm not saying Intel are the only people out there that can provide advise but I was surprised that they offer this here in the UK. It's always good to look at alternative sources of information. I'm still not sure if the folks at LGFL always provide the best advise. For example, why would a school opt for Share Point when they could use a lighter, cheaper, easier to use solution like Box.net? Why is the LGFL not pushing technologies like Google Apps and leveraging the email services and collaboration tools that provides instead of going for something very commercial and expensive like Outlook?. The future is light, agile applications that are ready and already developed for multiple devices.

Thank you for your message.

Best
    Naimish

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Blog Entries
    LGfL are pushing cloud based email though ... Live@Edu.

As for Intel ... drop me a PM and we can have a chat as I think I know exactly where you are coming from.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    LGfL are pushing cloud based email though ... Live@Edu.

As for Intel ... drop me a PM and we can have a chat as I think I know exactly where you are coming from.
    Hi Grumble Dook, apologies for not getting back sooner. Could you Skype me, I'm not sure how to add a private message on here. Skype ID is: showmyhomework

Look forward to speaking,
    Thanks
    Naimish

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread