+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
IT News Thread, Facebook snubs government demands for panic button in Other News; I've just had a look at the Help for Educators section on Facebook. On it is a barrage of example ...
    Thank Post
    I've just had a look at the Help for Educators section on Facebook. On it is a barrage of example questions such as, "What do I do if I receive abusive messages?", etc.
    The answer to the majority of these questions is a rewording of "Click the Report this Person/Group/Message link" and, also, hidden in the middle of one of these is the CEOP "Panic Button".

I'm just wondering what would be quicker if you were concerned about messages, etc., you were receiving. What would get things done more effectively? Clicking the CEOP link to take you to a bunch of advisory pages? Or clicking the Report links which, in some cases, blocks the person responsible and reports it to Facebook.

The term "panic button" should be changed because that gives the impression of instant reporting and resolution, as if clicking on it would make everything OK again. Quite misleading, possibly?

-28° 31' 48.89", +28° 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Thank Post
    If this unfortunate and naive girl had the sense to press a 'panic button' she would also have the sense not to meet this man. I fail to see what any type of reporting would have done to helped her. The government and CEOPs case revolves around this. I have not heard one single journalist mention this obvious fact, except The Recorder.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12