+ Post New Thread
IT News Thread, UK ID card - hacked, cloned and modifed in Other News; Good old Mr Laurie from the bunker.... and just because its the Daily Mail, it doesn't mean its bullshit. New ...

Thank Post

UK ID card - hacked, cloned and modifed

Good old Mr Laurie from the bunker.... and just because its the Daily Mail, it doesn't mean its bullshit.

New ID cards are supposed to be 'unforgeable' - but it took our expert 12 minutes to clone one, and programme it with false data | Mail Online

Not that the police need any encouragement to get trigger happy:

"With a few more keystrokes on his computer, Laurie changes the cloned card so that whereas the original card holder was not entitled to benefits, the cloned chip now reads 'Entitled to benefits'....he adds a message that would be visible to any police officer or security official who scanned the card: 'I am a terrorist - shoot on sight.'"

The Home Office has dismissed the report. "This story is rubbish. We are satisfied the personal data on the chip cannot be changed or modified and there is no evidence this has happened," said a spokesperson.
    Last edited by Theblacksheep; 7th August 2009 at 11:53 AM.

Thank Post
    Niiiceee...

Thank Post
    I doubt they'll survive beyond the next election. Once the government decided it wouldn't be compulsory to carry the cards it became pointless, it should have been dropped at that point. However as usual the current government didn't want to appear to be climbing down so they carried on paying out millions of pounds on a vanity scheme.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,317 Times in 1,630 Posts
    I am afraid that I am very cynical - I don't believe that the other lot will necessarily drop the ID card when they get in - after all, the idea of one fits in quite nicely with the right-wing ethos as far as I can see.
    Every time a new government gets in, they promise to undo the iniquities of the last lot, but it rarely happens.
    Some of you are probably too young to remember the huge relief when we finally got rid of the Tories and got what we thought was a 'better' party in. At the time, the Tories appeared to have gone completely power mad and the country was going to the bow-wows.
    And now?
    No difference as far as I can see...

Thank Post

Two sides of the same coin.

Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Every time a new government gets in, they promise to undo the iniquities of the last lot, but it rarely happens.
    Some of you are probably too young to remember the huge relief when we finally got rid of the Tories and got what we thought was a 'better' party in. At the time, the Tories appeared to have gone completely power mad and the country was going to the bow-wows.
    And now?
    No difference as far as I can see...
    'I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs.' 'I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking.' 'Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy holding out both puppets!" (Bill Hicks)

None of them hold the purse strings.... a private company has the honours.
    Last edited by Theblacksheep; 7th August 2009 at 06:10 PM.

Thank Post
    Bill Hicks RIP

Some of you are probably too young to remember the huge relief when we finally got rid of the Tories and got what we thought was a 'better' party in
    I remember but I also had a feeling that the incoming party (I voted for them) would be the same as they were before and would just spend as if there was no tomorrow, fortunately they hit on a good economic stretch that masked this but now the wheels have fallen off and we're going to pay. There really needs to be a party that can balance this, it's so f*ing ridiculous that we have two parties the insist on cancelling each other out

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread