+ Post New Thread
IT News Thread, New RM CEO in Other News; Hadn't seen this posted anywhere else on here. I thought it was a good touch to see him posting his ...

Thank Post

New RM CEO

Hadn't seen this posted anywhere else on here. I thought it was a good touch to see him posting his own e-mail address although I am not sure if it will be him reading all the messages as it may be vetted before they get to him by a Secretary / PA.

Hello, for those of you who don't know me, I'm Terry Sweeney and from today I'm the new chief executive of RM. I'm not exactly the new boy in town - I have been at RM for over 10 years and I have been CEO designate for the past three months - since Tim announced his stepping down.

I thought I'd take this opportunity to introduce myself to you, share with you some of the hopes and visions I have for RM and bring you up to date with some important developments.

About me:

I'm 41 and I joined RM in 1998 as a project manager in our PC Division and four years later became Hardware Solutions Director. There I was responsible for RM's educational PCs, which included introducing the innovative RM One PC. Then, in 2006, I took up the challenge of Managing Director - Education Resources and Software. Here I took RM into the Education Resources business through buying companies like TTS and DACTA and I also helped lead our international expansion into the USA.

I've a degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from City University, an MBA from Oxford Brookes University and attended the Harvard Business School Advanced Management Programme in 2007. Before I joined RM I was Global Procurement Manager at British Aerospace. I'm married and live with my wife and three children in Oxfordshire. And I drive a campervan (sorry if you get caught in the queue behind me ..).

About RM:

I'm really proud to have taken over from Tim Pearson - whose passion for ICT and education were the driving force behind RM of recent years. I aim to emulate that.

One of Tim's passions was customer satisfaction. It is one of mine too. And that is not a glib promise. We started measuring customer satisfaction in 2003 and at that point we were achieving 6.5 out of 10. Over the years we have steadily improved and this year we reached 7.67. But I know we can do better.

I want every customer to have a positive experience of RM. That isn't always the case I know - and sometimes we fall short in delivering to your expectations and our promises.

Some of you at the moment are experiencing trouble with your new CC4 network. We started the installations of CC4 over the holidays and as pupils came back to school some problems were identified. We are doing all we can do resolve these issues. Frustratingly, there is not one issue - so there's not one super fix. But we've created a number of fixes and the situation is improving. I know that is not a great message to get if your network is still not doing all that it should - but that is where we are at the moment. But not somewhere I expect us to be for much longer. I'm personally involved in resolving the CC4 issues and if you want to email me at tsweeney@rm.com please do so.

The other mantle Tim has passed on to me is the belief that ICT can make a real difference in our schools. I wholeheartedly believe that. And I'm continually impressed with stories I hear from schools and LAs where ICT is being used to improve the life chances of young people.

I look forward to working with you all over the coming weeks, months and years and supporting you deliver the learning opportunities our young people deserve.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    You will be surprised most people read their own emails at RM and don;t think Terry is any different. Terry is big on innovation and lead lot of ideas of All-in-one range for example.

My limited dealing so far with Terry found him to be a very nice guy well let you know more next month when school has a visit from him.

Russ

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by russdev View Post
    You will be surprised most people read their own emails at RM and don;t think Terry is any different. Terry is big on innovation and lead lot of ideas of All-in-one range for example.

My limited dealing so far with Terry found him to be a very nice guy well let you know more next month when school has a visit from him.

Russ
    Thanks Russ

I look forward to hearing about it.

Thank Post
    seems a good start.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information