+ Post New Thread
IT News Thread, GTCO Launch a new Voting System in Other News; Although I have already covered this in one section already, and yes I am a Distributor to the likes of ...

Thank Post

GTCO Launch a new Voting System

Although I have already covered this in one section already, and yes I am a Distributor to the likes of Savilles, Accurate AV and Ambra Solutions, I thought I would keep our end users informed of the latest and greatest from GTCO Calcomp.

GTCO have launched a new Interwrite PRS Voting System that is heavily geared towards education and higher ed. The UK Interwrite Rep, Russell Harpham and our Rep Sara Mason (Ex Teacher) are keen to see as many people or send free trial packs out for people to have a play with.

We can not sell to you directly. So this excersise is targeted at generating awareness and allowing the final recipients of the goods to actually offer their own feed back and ideas for the development of the product and software.

Features Include:
    - Multiple Choice , True or False answers.
    - Spelling tests, Numerical Response inc decimal places
    - Home work function whereby the student can take the handsets home, input the answers into the handset and have them marked at the press of a button once they are back into the classroom.
    - LCD Screen to preview answers
    - Classroom selection. You can select which class you want to connect to.
    - 2000 handsets to one reciever.
    - Easy to use Software
    - Software can grade responses instantly and track students performance over any given subject over any period of time.
    - Print a certificate from the software with the student grade.

As always I welcome any response and ideas. And, should you want to try out a GTCO System, reply to this post and I will either send one myself or contact your incumbent IT Supplier and arrange a demo through them.

From our standpoint as a distibutor we don't often get to speak to the end user of our goods. I will certainly find these forums handy in gaining a good overview of peoples opinions and ideas that should help the future direction of our products.

Thanks to recent projects we are looking into the development of a LEP Screen with a touch screen overlay and built in PC. These have the potential to be very cheap and the next big thing in education.

Take care all

Steve Kilroy
    Art Systems

Thank Post

Re: GTCO Launch a new Voting System

You list some nice features - do you have a web site that potential cutomers can browse through? Most of us would prefer to see the kit and guide on price etc before we contact sales people.

Thank Post

Well the manufacturers site link to the PRS System and other AV Bits they do is:

www.gtco.com/interwriteprsrf.htm

A good case study which I did not existed until doing a search for PRS in google is :

http://www.jisc.ac.uk/uploaded_documents/ACF10EB.pdf

....it was certainly an education for me and it was good for us to see positive and measured feed back on the PRS System.

I got told off last time for posting pricing by the head bod of Edunet. If people provide their email address I will forward guide pricing to them. I will not spam your email or pass it on, so dont worry about that.....I have more class and it blinkin' well annoys me when people do that to me.

In addition the USA uni's have come up with a good idea for funding the systems (A good idea from the US!!??!?!?!). They actually sell the handsets to the students at the start of the year and the students keep it at all times, this amount is refunded at the and of the year but the uni still makes a killing on interest. The student can logon to any lecture by actually selecting the name of the class that is being transmitted, so it makes it easy to transport.

Its a much more worthwhile use of a student loan than beer....all though some people may not agree with that....and also keeps the money in the university.

My email is : steve.kilroy@artsystems.ltd.uk

Thanks,

Steve Kilroy

Thank Post

Hello Kilas,

I have read your post and it looks good. We use the current GTCO PRS System which is IR and we have about 2 systems each with 50 handsets. Really good system, students seem to love it, had it 2 years and not a single problem. Im glad you posted actually because I was going to buy another 3, but since there is another one out I may as well have a look at it. I do have a few questions though:

1) How do you do a spelling test on the handsets?
    2) How much is a system of 50 handsets?
    3) What is the range of the handsets?
    4) Are there any new features of the software?
    5) If you are a distributor, I guess we won't be able to buy one from you. Where can I buy them from?
    6) How,When can I see one/use one? I notice you are a Nottingham man so if you are local and if it is not too much trouble can you come and demo as soon as.

That link to Strathclyde Uni was good, nothing I did not already know. I have searched for 'GTCO PRS VOTING SYSTEM' in google and come up with pages and pages of information and reviews. Shame no one has posted any content though. I know its easy to export the questions in a XML feed , which myself and my colleagues already do. Would like to see other partners sharing knowledge as well.

Have a good bank holiday.

Stephen

Thank Post

...is that you as the avatar BTW...??

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Hi yer i am head bot told him off

@Steve kilroy

you have really got what being a supplier on boards is about aka dont advertise but members ask about your serivce then heck tell them

@alan

thats my fault as we have to try a work out where line is for supplier members as if they dont know how can we telll them off

As said previously best bet i fined is suppliers inc price if they member ask...

Anyway we appricate all supplier come on here and work how to improve there product etc by talking to us.

Just felt wasnt fair on Steve Kilroy that he get blame when it was me that stopped him last time

So please do carry on

Russ

Thank Post

There you go then Steve, I know its Bank Hols and all . But if you could answer those Q's as soon as I will get a few colleague of mine together. I have seen other systems as well actually that offer a similar feature set, like the Quizdom . However for around 50 handsets im probably looking at about £5500.00 or there abouts. And, spread that across several rooms and it going to take bite out of my limited budget this year.

So now it looks like you have clearance from that Russ chap then spill the beans old boy.

Stephen

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steve06
    So now it looks like you have clearance from that Russ chap then spill the beans old boy.

Stephen
    I suppose we should have who is staff section on website you sort forget that some people dont know who you are talk about egomaniac

Russ

Thank Post

@Russ: Everyone SHOULD know who we are - our infamy precedes us after all

Of course if everyone attended the conferences, they could meet us in person

Thank Post

Well looks like I have started a little debate here.

*Russ: Would it be a good idea to have a supplier section when all us rather annoying sales people could put up posts and news (Within reason) and allow people to have a look at what we are doing.

Other Stephen, here are some answers to your questions: -

1) Each handset has a Alphabetical Input and an LCD Display. You can enter a word on the handset and review your response before sending it to the software to be marked.

2) How much is a system of 50 handsets?

Costs are as follows:
    - RF Receiver HUB, can take 2000 handsets £219.00 ex VAT rrp
    - Each hand set is : £45.00 ex VAT RRP
    - PRS Software : £69.00 ex VAT RRP

So a 50 handset system would set you back around the £2538, but you may get it cheaper because a reseller would offer you a quantity discount for buying 50 handsets. Quantity breaks would apply at 50,100,150 and so on.

3) Range of handsets are 150 ft.

4) New features are mainly based around the spelling test function. There is a new audience response i.e. you can ask the audience for their favourite food , recipients can type in their answer and the PRS Software will collate the responses into a CSV File which will fire up a bar chart with the responses.

5) I don't have a reseller in Nottingham yet. Everywhere else though. Who is your current IT Provider? there is no reason I can't give them a buzz and let them know what you are looking for.

6) Yes we can do a demo , regardless of whether or not you are local. Call me on 0115 9380 385 (Direct Line) to arrange a date either here in Wollaton or at your office.

Thanks

Steve

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,171 Times in 994 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm going to sort this out this afternoon. I'm very busy with an emergency at the moment. I shall PM all involved.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,171 Times in 994 Posts
    Blog Entries

This forum is now locked.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread