+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
IT News Thread, Microsoft announces the Surface Pro 3 in Other News; I thought this picture was interesting, http://9to5mac.files.wordpress.com/2...g?w=1408&h=776 They conveniently forgot to add the keyboard cover to make it a fair ...
    Thank Post
    I thought this picture was interesting, http://9to5mac.files.wordpress.com/2...g?w=1408&h=776

They conveniently forgot to add the keyboard cover to make it a fair comparison to the Macbook Airs weight, after all the Air has a keyboard. Im sure the scales will tip the other way when they do.

I will keep my iPad and Macbook Air thanks. The Surface 3 weighs double that of an iPad Air, so not going to be as comfortable to hold with that weight. Too many trade offs. Im not a fan of these hybrid devices.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Quackers View Post
    I thought this picture was interesting, http://9to5mac.files.wordpress.com/2...g?w=1408&h=776

They conveniently forgot to add the keyboard cover to make it a fair comparison to the Macbook Airs weight, after all the Air has a keyboard. Im sure the scales will tip the other way when they do.

I will keep my iPad and Macbook Air thanks. The Surface 3 weighs double that of an iPad Air, so not going to be as comfortable to hold with that weight. Too many trade offs. Im not a fan of these hybrid devices.
    He added the keyboard cover later on, it was still lighter than the Macbook Air

see 43m:25s

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/...20webcast.aspx
    Last edited by JJonas; 21st May 2014 at 12:07 PM.

Thank Post
    The touch experience works well on 8.1 and has its merits, however pricing is the reason the Windows tablets haven't taken off (imo). The accessory prices are obscene, all the manufactures seem to be guilty of it which is a poor show.

On the lower cost end 8" devices too small and netbook clones like the ASUS T100 built a bit too cheaply to be real contenders. Still a bit miffed why no-one is selling a well built, mid-range device for under £500 with keyboard, surely touch screens aren't that much of a premium with the quantities they're being made in now?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,486 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quackers View Post

I highly doubt the cover will weigh 535g...

Also, the original iPad 3g + wifi weighed 730g, without its flappy lid. Add that on and you're nearly at the 800g, and no-one complained about that being too heavy... Its also only 2 inches longer and 0.5 inches wider than the original iPad too... So, not that much larger.

Thank Post
    why on earth is there no i3/128gb version the cost of even the slowest 128 is mad. Ive got a surface pro (not that im going to replace it its only a few months old) and slower cpu i could live with but 64gb storage is pants (my stuff wouldnt fit but then i do have it syncing all my photos/music etc from my server) I just dont get why they would even do a 64gb one surely the bulk cost of 128's isnt much more and makes it stand out from other tablets

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    why on earth is there no i3/128gb version the cost of even the slowest 128 is mad. Ive got a surface pro (not that im going to replace it its only a few months old) and slower cpu i could live with but 64gb storage is pants (my stuff wouldnt fit but then i do have it syncing all my photos/music etc from my server) I just dont get why they would even do a 64gb one surely the bulk cost of 128's isnt much more and makes it stand out from other tablets
    It is a bit strange. It does retain the ability to plug in a microSD card, so an additional 128GB available for £120.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pcstru View Post
    It is a bit strange. It does retain the ability to plug in a microSD card, so an additional 128GB available for £120.
    you cant make my music etc run from a sd card it just says no

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    you cant make my music etc run from a sd card it just says no
    I'm probably not understanding what you mean. I can right click and add folders to the music library "Include in Library". Media player will then pick it up as part of the library. Not that I ever use Media Player...

Thank Post
    £639 is a lot of money for an entry level laptop spec! No doubt it will be of great build quality than any other tablets, although the price mark isn't right just yet. Sorry Microsoft!

Thank Post
    I'm probably not understanding what you mean. I can right click and add folders to the music library "Include in Library". Media player will then pick it up as part of the library. Not that I ever use Media Player...
    There were outstanding issues with library locations on external devices not being read from in the Music app from the Store. WM Player I think was fine, it just affected the Store app.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,302 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It won't include removable media in the library, have the same issue with my ASUS tablet and a media card with Windows 8.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,005 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    It won't include removable media in the library.
    Does the following workaround still work?

www.howtogeek.com/136503/how-to-access-files-from-sd-cards-and-usb-drives-in-modern-windows-8-apps/

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by abillybob View Post
    £639 is a lot of money for an entry level laptop spec! No doubt it will be of great build quality than any other tablets, although the price mark isn't right just yet. Sorry Microsoft!
    Show me entry level laptops with a 2160x1440 touch screen, up to 9 hours battery life, 9mm thick and weighing in at under 1kg. I'd compare it with an untra-book but it has teh additional advantage of being a very useable tablet.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    sort of sometimes. It lets you do it but at least on my old asus it lost it fairly often

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    It won't include removable media in the library, have the same issue with my ASUS tablet and a media card with Windows 8.
    Ah, OK. It's not something I tend to use, I either run VLC or access content via Serviio web interface.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast