+ Post New Thread
IT News Thread, Tribune / Zentek in Other News; Does anyone know about this company? I have read that it has/going into administration? Has anyone else read / heard ...

Thank Post

Tribune / Zentek

Does anyone know about this company? I have read that it has/going into administration? Has anyone else read / heard this?

As a supplier for our school I am concerned about this, but I wanted to ask if anyone else has heard this?!

Thanks

Thank Post
    Tribune bought Zentek way back in 2011 - http://www.channelweb.co.uk/crn-uk/n...education-push. I have heard the administration rumour elsewhere but do not have any more information at this time.
    Last edited by Slartibartfast; 3rd March 2014 at 11:04 AM.

Thank Post
    Last contact I had from then was July 2012 :\ not heard a peep since.

Thank Post
    Tribune bought Zentek's name and assets but didn't acquire it's liabilities. We found this out to our cost when we discovered our server warranties were not going to be honoured as the supplier hadn't been paid!

With regards what's happened recently I have no idea!

Thank Post
    We had the same when NS Opp I can't even bring myself to use their company name ...refused to honour our warranties on our PARS kit

Thank Post
    A source within says this is true...

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,890 Posts
    Blog Entries

Tribune Business Systems enters administration

Tribune Business Systems, a London based education IT supplier has collapsed due to cash flow problems after being unable to find new investors.

Existing support contracts are currently up in the air, but I can't imagine them being honoured as they've sacked all the staff.

Brit schools' supplier Tribune Business Systems RUBBED OUT

EDIT: Doh! My search for Tribune obviously wasn't very good... http://www.edugeek.net/forums/behind...ne-zentek.html
    Last edited by localzuk; 4th March 2014 at 01:38 PM.

Thank Post
    This is now the second time this has happened and I have heard through some sources that the staff have not been paid this time either. Some suppliers who they had used in the past as Zentek and run up a lot of debts that were left unpaid reluctantly agreed to work with them again. They have now stung the same companies again and left unpaid debts in their wake. I have heard they are starting up under a different iteration of the name Tribune. Anyone who is foolish enough to use this company in the future really is taking a massive gamble when there is other far more reliable companies out there.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotbynature View Post
    I have heard they are starting up under a different iteration of the name Tribune.
    Third time lucky?

Brit education tech supplier comes back to life after collapse

The company formerly known as Tribune Business Systems is about to be reanimated after Dubai-based investment firm VMS bought it out of administration in a classic pre-pack arrangement.

As revealed this week, the London-based education supplier called in receivers FRP Advisory after failing to secure additional investment. All 49 workers were laid off before they received monthly payroll.

Mike Bosley, a biz consultant working with the new company, Tribune System Integration, told us that new premises will open in the capital and Manchester next week and it will retain one in Milton Keynes.

He said 25 engineers and support staff that worked for TBS have returned and were paid in full, but the previous management team including CEO Sheldon Stoutt and the entire sales team have not been offered employment.

"The investor [VSM] didn't want the directors or the sales team. They were asked to do a rights issue last year to help the business, but sales and performance in the latter half of the year were so bad that it left the company exposed, and they needed to do a restructure.
    TBS was on Lot 1 of the Education Funding Agency Framework.

When a supplier goes into administration, customers have a legal right to terminate any existing contracts. Bosely said 80 per cent "plus" of its contracts were being novated to the new company.

Thank Post
    Hopefully those staff who have been laid off will gain employment elsewhere. Have to feel for them.

Our experience was Tribune was pretty painful to say the least. Easily the worst supplier we've had the displeasure of dealing with.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread