+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
IT News Thread, Microsoft retires Technet in Other News; Is it me or are MS just hell bound of destroying themselves lately ? First the shite that's Windows 8, ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 626 Posts
    Is it me or are MS just hell bound of destroying themselves lately ?
    First the shite that's Windows 8, then the DRM issue and more over the new Xbox, and now this.
    It looks like I'll be downloading and installing illegal torrents then for my VMs and test setups because they are going to shut one of the best subscriber deals I've paid for. Bloody morons.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    First the that's Windows 8, then the DRM issue and more over the new Xbox, and now this.
    It looks like I'll be downloading and installing illegal torrents then for my VMs and test setups because they are going to shut one of the best subscriber deals I've paid for. Bloody morons.
    Psst - you let a small expletive slip there mate - understandible though as I agree with you - they seem to be doing everything possible to lose their core source of income!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 825 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    I said exactly the same thing after the XBox announcement. You'd never have guessed by their output over the past year or so, their main source of income is flogging Office to businesses customers. Maybe someone needs to remind them of that!

First Windows 8, now this. What's next - no more desktop version of Office? Only available as Office 365 in the cloud?

Morons!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,969 Times in 2,183 Posts
    A bit of good news...

On 1 July 2013, Microsoft announced the retirement of the TechNet Subscriptions program. Since then, we've been listening to your feedback on how we can better support the IT professional community through this transition.

Two of the most common pieces of feedback we heard are that you need more time to prepare for this change, and ongoing access to prior versions of Microsoft software. As a result, we're announcing the following updates:

• Eligible subscribers with active accounts as of 1 September 2013 will receive a free, one-time, 90 day subscription extension. You can continue to access your product downloads, use your professional support calls*, and get priority support in TechNet Forums through your updated expiration date, which you can find on the My Account page of the TechNet Subscriptions benefits portal.
    • As TechNet Subscriptions customers begin to transition to the free evaluation resources Microsoft provides, we're improving the TechNet Evaluation Center by making prior versions of products available for trial. Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, and others are available now. We will add additional products over time.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue to invest in free evaluation, learning, and support resources to meet your business needs and career goals.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,811 Times in 1,559 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We get TechNet with our Licensing and use the 2 free support calls in that. Now TechNet has gone are the support calls also gone?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,969 Times in 2,183 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
    Now TechNet has gone are the support calls also gone?
    Yes, since they were part of the TechNet subscription.

You could always buy a MSDN subscription if you still want the support calls.

msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/subscriptions/buy.aspx

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12