+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
IT News Thread, BT ditches Yahoo Mail following mass hack attack in Other News; Yes - or at least use a domain name so it can be easily 'ported'...
    XiJ

Thank Post
    Yes - or at least use a domain name so it can be easily 'ported'

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,900 Times in 2,133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ConradJones View Post
    why would you want a sky gmail account tied to your sky account when you can have a gmail account you can keep even if you changed ISP?
    Most people aren't as informed as you are though.

Thank Post
    @Arthur that made me laugh, i had to do a double take there i thought you linked back to the same thread for a minute

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,900 Times in 2,133 Posts
    Yahoo Starts Scanning E-mails

As of June 1 2013, all Yahoo e-mail users are required to upgrade to the company's newest platform, which allows Yahoo to scan and analyze every email they write or receive. According to Yahoo's help page, all users who make the transition agree to let the company perform "content scanning and analyzing of your communications content" to target ads, offer products, and perform "abuse protection."

This means any message that Yahoo's algorithms find disturbing could flag a user as a bully, a threat, or worse. At the same time, Yahoo can now openly troll through e-mail for personal information that it can share or hold onto indefinitely.

Gay and haven't come out yet? Yahoo knows. Having an affair? Your spouse may not know — but Yahoo does. Any interests, ailments or projects you'd rather not share? You're sharing them with Yahoo, perhaps forever.

The new tracking policy affects more than just Yahoo account holders. Everyone who corresponds with a Yahoo e-mail account holder will also have their own message content scanned, analyzed, and stored by Yahoo, even if they themselves have not agreed to Yahoo’s new terms of service.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,596 Times in 2,014 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So, basically, they'll start doing what Google does then...

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    OK that's worrying. My BT E-Mail is not checked every 150 days because it is a fallback for catching mail from old accounts. I guess the big migration starts... :/

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,596 Times in 2,014 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My old yahoo account was somehow hacked a few weeks ago. Not logged into it for a good 6 months at least. But randomly someone from Brazil started spamming all my contacts in there. As I wouldn't want to delete my yahoo account (gotta keep the name...), I deleted all the emails and contacts there, and changed the password. So, if it happens again they can't do anything useful with it.

BT have made the right choice here, moving away from Yahoo. Their email service has been a mess for years now.

Thank Post
    Sky don't close your account even if you leave. You just have to make sure you keep using it. Even o2 (soon to be Sky) who claimed e-mail accounts are closed 90 days after you leave don't seem to follow up on this threat. My old account is still active after two years.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkaline View Post
    Sky don't close your account even if you leave. You just have to make sure you keep using it. Even o2 (soon to be Sky) who claimed e-mail accounts are closed 90 days after you leave don't seem to follow up on this threat. My old account is still active after two years.
    Same with AOL as well - my parents still have their AOL email even though they left AOL at least 5-6 years ago.

Hq.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12