+ Post New Thread
IT News Thread, Microsoft Office 2013 is now available in the UK in Other News; Source : Microsoft (via Hexus ) Microsoft Office 2013 is now available for UK users to buy online or on ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,398 Times in 1,774 Posts

Microsoft Office 2013 is now available in the UK

Source: Microsoft (via Hexus)

Microsoft Office 2013 is now available for UK users to buy online or on the high street. There are three versions of the office productivity suite on offer in the Microsoft online store ranging from the Home & Student one user version at 109.99 to the Professional version for one PC at 389.99. The suite you choose is the same price for the downloaded or boxed shipped versions. Also standalone versions of the Office 2013 applications Excel, Outlooks, Powerpoint and Word are now available for 109.99 per copy.

Specific enhancements to the main software components of Microsoft Office are as follows

• Word: PDF reflow, Live layout and Reply comments
    • Excel: Flash fill, Quick analysis and Recommended charts
    • PowerPoint: Slide zoom, Slide navigator and Merge shapes improved
    • OneNote: Windows 8 Tablet enhancements, Inking improvements, In-sync Skydrive improvements
    • Outlook: Peeks, Inline reply, Social connection improvements
    • Publisher: Swap pictures, Online picture and Mail merge improvements

Microsoft seems to be quite keen to get people to subscribe to the Office 365 Home Premium suite for five PCs/Macs. This costs home users 79.99 per year and provides users the same suite components as the Office Professional buyer but with up to five home users plus the addition of improved cloud services like; 20GB of SkyDrive storage and 60 minutes of free Skype calls per month.

If you have bought a copy of Microsoft Office 2010 since 19th October 2012 (and up until 30 April 2013) you will be eligible to upgrade to this latest version for free.

Last edited by Arthur; 29th January 2013 at 09:53 PM.

Thank Post
    been using it a while now at work on a desktop, I like it a lot, bit further on than 2010, looks nice and clean when your using it too

Thank Post
    At least Capita will be happy now its released and they can start work on supporting it.

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Been using it for a couple of months, its quite nice but the horrible white colour scheme is a bit much.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rich_tech View Post
    been using it a while now at work on a desktop, I like it a lot, bit further on than 2010, looks nice and clean when your using it too
    Me too but it freaks me out by the way the cursor moves as you type and when you press return!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by reggiep View Post
    Me too but it freaks me out by the way the cursor moves as you type and when you press return!
    #

pretty sure there is a setting for turning that off and making it jump around like we are used to...

I've been running it for a few weeks since it turned up in our downloads, I quite like it. The only thing I really have against it is that it doesn't display well on cheap/old TFT displays and I worry about how it will look on a whiteboard.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 759 Posts
    Don't forget that if you are an EES/SA customer, you can set up your staff to access the Home Use program which gets you the Professional Plus version for 8.95/$9.95

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 984 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryTechnician View Post
    Don't forget that if you are an EES/SA customer, you can set up your staff to access the Home Use program which gets you the Professional Plus version for 8.95/$9.95
    Or take advantage of the Work at Home Program to allow members of the FTE count to use Office at home for work purposes at no extra cost.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 759 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    Or take advantage of the Work at Home Program to allow members of the FTE count to use Office at home for work purposes at no extra cost.
    True. I prefer the Home Use Program as it legally allows non-work use, and there is no administration required by the school. With Work at Home you are supposed to keep records of who has used it, and you have to give out a single key to everyone. You are also supposed to make "reasonable efforts" to ensure they delete it when they leave.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread