+ Post New Thread
New Project Ideas Thread, EduMoodle in EduGeek Projects; I was thinking it might be an idea for Edugeek to have its own Moodle (and Sharepoint thingy maybe). A ...

Thank Post

EduMoodle

I was thinking it might be an idea for Edugeek to have its own Moodle (and Sharepoint thingy maybe).

A lot of people come onto Edugeek asking about VLE's and if we had own own, they could be given logons to let them have a bit of a play and it could be used by experts to provide solutions to questions.

I'm sure we've got some great moodlers who would just need some server resources and they'd have something up and running before BETT 2011

Similarly with Sharepoint (because I STILL don't know what sharepoint is and I'd love to be able to find out - Edutech has never been to explain it clearly to me )

What do others think?

Simon

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,259 Times in 790 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSi View Post
    I was thinking it might be an idea for Edugeek to have its own Moodle (and Sharepoint thingy maybe).

A lot of people come onto Edugeek asking about VLE's and if we had own own, they could be given logons to let them have a bit of a play and it could be used by experts to provide solutions to questions.

I'm sure we've got some great moodlers who would just need some server resources and they'd have something up and running before BETT 2011

Similarly with Sharepoint (because I STILL don't know what sharepoint is and I'd love to be able to find out - Edutech has never been to explain it clearly to me )

What do others think?

Simon
    Setting up a public use sharepoint would be prohibitively expensive I reckon.

However rather than going this route, there was talk about members doing 'an intro to..' videos a while back - I reckon that'd be easier to manage, and gives people a chance to show what they've achieved

Thank Post
    Great Idea...Moodle 1.9 or 2?

Thank Post
    Sounds good Simon. I've got my own Demo Moodle 1.9 and just setting up 2.0 Demo Moodle. I would be willing to help with it.

Steve

Thank Post
    I agree. This sounds like a good thing to do. It is really difficult shopping for a VLE when you have no idea about the potential of the platform you are looking at. For example when having a demo from a company selling their platform to you, most of the time they show you how stuff is accessed and made but not the short-comings of the platform.

Having an independent system to trial and even learn from could be an excellent resource. Those short-comings may just be a case of not knowing enough about the underlying system to find a work around or solution.

I hope this makes sense. It's still quite early and I'm quite knackered

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 920 Posts
    A demo Sharepoint to show people at BETT, Conferences etc isn't too hard to do, we have the SRIAB which should be fine running Sharepoint and the SQL behind it without issues.

Si come talk to me or Domino about SharePoint as were both gurus on it, well I think Domino is as I think he said he uses it?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread