+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
New Project Ideas Thread, EduGeek Magazine in EduGeek Projects; Originally Posted by Loks Another here, will certainly help out with what i can. Time to give back indeed i ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,302 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Loks View Post
    Another here, will certainly help out with what i can. Time to give back indeed i think, as i have lurked here for a couple of years now!

Loks
    Where are you at then. Oh, and I have to use this smilie as it is so apt (as well as my current favourite):

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I agree main thing was that person running it had someone in admin team to go to get any resources sorted to help them but not for the admin to do any of the creation side.

We agreed between us that should be one admin as contact on admin team if they need anyhelp and and rest of us admins will b*tt out.

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by contink View Post
    I can provide a couple of articles as well as I have a few already in the pipeline..

Just a note re: the whole coordination thing (as someone who has also tried and failed to get a similar project off the ground)... Get someone who can run with it and doesn't have any other responsibilities (like moderating, admin, etc.) and who knows how to delegate but also how to beat people around the head until they get stuff in.

It's too easy for something else to take over and it needs someone who can run with it... Likewise I'd avoid worrying about advertising the first time around and just go with the current advertisers so you can prove its worth to them and other potential buyers before you worry about how you'll price up the subsequent ad's in the future.

Oh, and just a small suggestion, attribution as always would be good.. as well as prizes, carrots, whatever to those who do actively contribute... This is, after all, a money making scheme too...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by russdev View Post
    We agreed between us that should be one admin as contact on admin team if they need anyhelp and and rest of us admins will b*tt out.
    That 'we' being the 'royal we' and it was decided yours truly would be the admin contact.

The eagerness to take part so far is good. It would be nice to have our own EduPress writing for the EduMag. If all goes to plan I will simply need to check it before publishing to make sure that you guys haven't created an EduPron mag

Thank Post
    No eduPron?! I'm out. I shall take my business else where.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric_ View Post
    That 'we' being the 'royal we' and it was decided yours truly would be the admin contact.

The eagerness to take part so far is good. It would be nice to have our own EduPress writing for the EduMag. If all goes to plan I will simply need to check it before publishing to make sure that you guys haven't created an EduPron mag

Just because you were not around when I emailed its your own fault for not sitting in front of your email 24/7.. anyway it will keep you busy Just makes a change that not me nominated

Russ

Thank Post
    I didn't think we would get so much support. I'm guessing by the way the threads are going that Ric is going to be our contact?!

Also, there's a new 'private' group called EduGeek Magazine. If you have posted here stating your interest then an invite is on the way to you.

Thank Post
    I would be definately interested in helping with this

Thank Post
    Do we have any sponsors of the forum who might be able to help us with printing for those who would want hard copies?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I could probably write something.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 935 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric_ View Post

You'd be happy if it had pictures of Sun kit in it or Bluesocket stuff Just because we all want Douglas and Woofus pics in it hehe

Thank Post
    I'll happily write / contribute on e-learning, learning / emerging technology, ICT Inclusion or ICT Policy subjects

not very 'techie' but v. pertinent for today's ICT usage in schools

I've also got a nice set of man boobs should you need a Page Three model

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kgcs View Post
    I'll happily write / contribute on e-learning, learning / emerging technology, ICT Inclusion or ICT Policy subjects

not very 'techie' but v. pertinent for today's ICT usage in schools

I've also got a nice set of man boobs should you need a Page Three model
    Invite on your way Karl

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    Do we have any sponsors of the forum who might be able to help us with printing for those who would want hard copies?
    Depends on how many people would want them... I could happily put my K8600 through the mill printing off copies so long as they were A4 booklet (ie: A3 media)... I can't do more than a few hundred and the matter of postage would need to be covered somehow.

For the first edition though I'd make it electronic and folks can print it off on some teachers printer credits

That gives the folks a bit more time to organise the hard copy version and a bit more ammunition in terms of downloads, numbers, etc... to be able to get the backing they need.

In reality, the hard part is going to be getting the content. If that can be organised and proven then the rest will follow easily so why make life harder than it needs to be?

14. Thanks to contink from:

Hightower (26th January 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by contink View Post
    In reality, the hard part is going to be getting the content. If that can be organised and proven then the rest will follow easily so why make life harder than it needs to be?
    Yeah - After taking some time to think about it I think we'll run the first issue (at least) on digital format only so we can get idea's of how many hard copies we will need (if any).

Thank Post
    I would be willing to write some articles...

I am a programmer with good scripting abilities? I am also a bit of an RM Geek... (one of the schools I support is CC3-->CC4 - maybe a CC4 Hands-on thing?)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast