Hi everybody,

Not long ago I had an idea about a messaging system based on a simple client-server architecture. Nothing new so far, but my idea was to optimize any exchanged message or sentence for a 4x20 LCD display, so that an arduino client could be easily coded.

In fact, I liked the idea so much, that I already wrote a server prototype, as well as the arduino client. I gave this project the name "C0ldWater".

The client is based on an arduino board, which uses an ethernet shield for internet connectivity, a 4x20 lines LCD display as an output device and a ps/2 keyboard for user input. I also bought a VPS, on which I run the server and a blog. You can reach it at www.c0ldwater.com and you will find all information and instructions to build such a device, as well as all code to be downloaded.

So why am I posting here? Easy question, so here's my easy answer: because I already went through a first sort of alpha testing on my own, but still I need some help from anyone who's interested in this project, to make a more detailed troubleshooting of the code.
Nothing difficult or boring, just connect to the service and use it as a normal user: register, read, send, forward, delete or list messages and so on.

I'd like to get some feedback from anyone regarding suggestions, improvements or just you first impressions about the project.

For those interested, but without the required hardware, I also wrote a simple linux client that can be downloaded from my site. It just creates two threads, one for receiving and one for sending data. Anyway, if you're still stacked with the win OS, you can download "netcat" and use that to connect to c0ldwater: "nc c0ldwater 8889" or "nc 5.9.252.156 8889".

Thank you in advance to all of you!

Cheers