+ Post New Thread
New Project Ideas Thread, The rise of the smart phone in schools in EduGeek Projects; I personally am noticing more enquiry being made around compatibility with our products with a variety of smart phones. This ...

Thank Post

The rise of the smart phone in schools

I personally am noticing more enquiry being made around compatibility with our products with a variety of smart phones. This places a big part in the any where any time access of documents and really resonates with students who currently access Facebook and personal mail on smart phones. I have seen this question raised with Live@edu and more recently Office 365. How long do you think before this becomes the norm and dare I say all kids have a smart phone or access to remote devices for the benefit of flexible learning and imaginative learning? What are your thoughts?

Thank Post
    It can't be relied upon as a core learning aid as the abilities of the devices are mostly limited by their size and performance.

If we were to ever allow them to connect to our network it would be through a Citrix session which would get them to their usual desktop.

The difficulties caused , IMO far outweigh any benefit at this present time.

Rob

Thank Post
    Rob,

Many thanks for your response your points are valid and are something for me to bear in mind. Rob as I have said in my recent post I am the Schools Internal Territory Manager at Microsoft. Please feel free to follow me on twitter@anthonynneke or call my office no 01189 094265. email v-anneke@microsoft.com im also on linked in Anthony Nneke. As im said, I am happy to engage with schools as I want to understand from schools the support you need from Microsoft and advise where appropriate webinars you can attend that will highlight these for you.

4. Thanks to eduAnt from:

GrumbleDook (5th September 2012)

Thank Post
    We're in the middle of putting in place a suitable hardware / management structure to accomodate whatever mobile / personal devices we're likely to encounter ready for the big push on BYOD / Mobile Devices. We already provide network access to staff on their own devices, and have a separate guest network for our 6th Form students to use, however with Yr7-11 students smartphones are still far from the majority - lowend Blackberry seem to still be the popular option for kids that age. We still have quite a large percentage on non-smartphones (old Nokias etc).

6. Thanks to Marci from:

eduAnt (12th September 2012)

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yeh we've offered staff Ipads and Smartphone connections for a while.

Personally I don't see the point in managing these on our network. In a few years everyone will have a personal data connection and most things will be in the cloud.

8. Thanks to zag from:

eduAnt (12th September 2012)

Thank Post
    Are you a teacher / IT Manager in a school? This article is defiantly worth a look..... Let me know what you think http://lnkd.in/aZdvuV

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread