CC3 Build Pen
I currently use a USB pen for building machines (by copying the files off a floppy using the HP tool). What this does though is tells the pen it's only the size of a floppy. I want to be able to fit all drivers on (meaning to tell the USB pen it is actually bigger) but can't figure it out?
The RM MiniSafe comes formatted as a USB-ZIP drive. Simply copy all files over to it in Explorer. Only works on systems that support USB-ZIP booting. Some systems may boot it as A:, some as C:. Check BIOS for 'USB-ZIP' or 'removable' option for USB boot options.
Originally Posted by Hightower
To make CC3 build disks, I use VFD - Virtual Floppy Drive. You can save images to a file and have disks that are 2.88MB instead of 1.44. Something like this..
- Disable physical floppy in device manager (RM disk creator will only write to A:)
- Run VFD, create new image
- In VFD, run A: drive from image
- Create desired build disk using RM tool. It should be written to A:, which is handled by VFD.
- Run HP tool, but make sure you still choose A: as the source - choosing the image file that VFD uses doesn't seem to work)