+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, CC4 Packages not appearing in Technical; Ok ive just spent the morning using WINInstall on our new CC4 system to build packages for our new CC4 ...
    Thank Post

CC4 Packages not appearing

Ok ive just spent the morning using WINInstall on our new CC4 system to build packages for our new CC4 network and not a single package so far has appeared in our software list on the RM Console. Does this just take a while to show or has something gone terribly wrong?

EDIT

ok just to add insult to injury, i tried to recreate the package, after all it is still not in my package list after an hour, trying to recreate the package gives the following error: "A package with this name already exists" brilliant, so i have the package but i just cant see it to deploy/delete/modify :/
    Last edited by Flakes; 23rd July 2012 at 02:01 PM.

Thank Post
    When they dont appear for me, just press the refresh option on the management console or a log off / back on of the management console also make it appear too.

Thank Post
    yep tried all that, even today the packages from yesterday are not showing up, still getting the error that they exist when i try to recreate them.

Thank Post
    Have you been building them using app wizard or via wininstall as a standalone product? If the latter, it may be that you need to import the packages into the RMMC (File > Import >Package)

Thank Post
    been using the wininstall as provided by cc4 with a fresh machine in the packagebuild location. Not sure why there not showing, tried building a package from an existing msi to see if it would force an update but fraid not.

Thank Post
    I'd raise a support call if you haven't already? Since the packages can't be added when you try to add them again, they must be in the database. I'd get it logged out to RM if you can as soon as rather than fudging up your database with more junk!

Have you tried hitting the F5 key on the packages list?

Thank Post
    Have a look on the D: drive of your forest root, in RMDelivery\RMPackages\Applications, I think... IIRC the packages go into that folder before being automatically imported to the RMMC (On CC3 they were stored in that folder, on CC4 they aren't).

I think that's the location but can't be sure off the top of my head.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flakes View Post
    been using the wininstall as provided by cc4 with a fresh machine in the packagebuild location. Not sure why there not showing, tried building a package from an existing msi to see if it would force an update but fraid not.
    Ok, so what happens if you try to import the package (File > Import > Package) then browse to the package ... it will want the ini file for a CC3 style package or the xml file for a CC4 style package, these can (generally) be found at RMManage\Packages\Applications

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenewman View Post
    Ok, so what happens if you try to import the package (File > Import > Package) then browse to the package ... it will want the ini file for a CC3 style package or the xml file for a CC4 style package, these can (generally) be found at RMManage\Packages\Applications
    Just started doing this today which appears to be working managed to get vlc in there now just struggling witb citrixreciever now, but thats 3 extracted msi files that fail to install(out of 9).

Thank Post
    You do realise that there's a blueprint for VLC, no need to make your own package ??

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread