+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Does anyone else use PaperCut? in Technical; On the subject of PaperCut: Version 12.3 (Build 17963) is available for download [Released: 5th July 2012]...

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 870 Posts
    Blog Entries
    On the subject of PaperCut: Version 12.3 (Build 17963) is available for download [Released: 5th July 2012]

Thank Post
    Use it and love it here.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,443 Times in 1,891 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brownbread View Post
    good bit of software. I have installed it on several occasion. NG is pretty basic, only used the full blown version
    NG and MF are basically the same thing - just MF also integrates copiers/MFDs... I think you're referring to the logger not NG.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowx View Post
    Really?! Perhaps it's time for all three of us here to resign then!

We run MF since recently when the school decided to implement the system with about 0% consultation and it's caused more problems than it's solved. Perhaps it's our setup or the guys that installed it but we have sporadic issues with two of the multifunctions just idling away and not printing or even receiving jobs, sometimes the PIN entry doesn't work, sometimes it prints without the PIN sometimes it doesn't print at all.

I just doubt the fact that it is as popular as it is claimed to be, but evidently I'm wrong! To me it seems like the kind of software that would be a lot cheaper or even free or at least something that could be hashed together from free products. But then what would I know? We (The network admins) don't have admin access to it so perhaps it is great after all!
    PaperCut is pretty cool

I think as you have not been involved in the discussion to purchase the product (nothing to do with Papercut that's the way your organisation works) and the fact you cant gain access to its admin features may have put the product in a bad light.
    My first thought (as already suggested) is to ask for access and training on the product, its pretty simple and infact PaperCut themselves have a tour and a live demo for you to have a poke round:
    PaperCut MF Tour - Features and Overview
    Live Demo - PaperCut
    You could even download NG and install it on a test VM or even a laptop to have a play with it locally.

The second thing to do is to raise the issue you are having with the Ricohs with your supplier and / or papercut support using support@papercut.com or calling the UK (assuming you are in the UK) number on the contact page here:Contact Us - PaperCut

I doubt you will find a free product as feature rich.

Thank Post
    We run the MF version here too with Richo copiers and have no issues with the system, simple to set up and run.

Thank Post
    Apparently "loads of schools use it successfully".

Anyone else out there?
    +1 for us - have done since approx 2006. My only gripe is that they simply will not implement the ability to pre-filter the printer list on the release web interface (not release station, but where you can login to any machine and release jobs "held" in a queue, such as in the classroom).

Otherwise, great piece of software and I do not doubt that many schools and indeed businesses use it successfully.

Thank Post
    Still running on ver 8 here

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,272 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Out_of_Sync View Post
    Still running on ver 8 here
    We had that on an old Linux box at one place, they definatly made progress between that and 11 where we are now.

Thank Post
    PaperCut is a cheaper and effective solution compared with other software solutions I've come across.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bladedanny View Post
    I use papercut print logger here which I think is great. I'd love to use the full product, but there just isn't the backing from staff to limit/charge for printing.
    Exactly as above. The reason for not using the full version is political, not because I have any doubts that I couldn't use it very successfully.

Thank Post
    I am swapping over to NG here from using Print Manager Plus.

hey hey hey, stay outta my shed. STAY OUT OF MY SHED.
    Thank Post
    Really?! Perhaps it's time for all three of us here to resign then!

We run MF since recently when the school decided to implement the system with about 0% consultation and it's caused more problems than it's solved. Perhaps it's our setup or the guys that installed it but we have sporadic issues with two of the multifunctions just idling away and not printing or even receiving jobs, sometimes the PIN entry doesn't work, sometimes it prints without the PIN sometimes it doesn't print at all.

I just doubt the fact that it is as popular as it is claimed to be, but evidently I'm wrong! To me it seems like the kind of software that would be a lot cheaper or even free or at least something that could be hashed together from free products. But then what would I know? We (The network admins) don't have admin access to it so perhaps it is great after all!
    I'd suggest that either it's been set up wrongly or the faulty MFDs aren't compatible.

We've used NG in the past and upgraded to MF and its been very good. I won't say "flawless" but near as damn it.

Thank Post
    If this still isnt sorted feel free to give support a call
    btw buyers lab just gave it a little award.

Thank Post
    Have been using NG here for the last 6 years at least. Has never failed on us yet, upgrade every couple of years to the latest version. Departments dont like it but then they wouldn't with the recharges. Emails all department heads at start of each month to let them know their useage too. Did want to move to the MF version but our copiers needed to be upgraded so wasn't worth the cost at the time.

Thank Post
    Been using papercut for a few years now great product using with with our MFP's. Would recommend the product any day!

Ross

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast