+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, I need a little help with my CC4 please, (Possibly IIS?) in Technical; Please can someone help me, I had RM Connector working, installed the 110 update and I've got problems again, I ...

Thank Post

I need a little help with my CC4 please, (Possibly IIS?)

Please can someone help me,

I had RM Connector working, installed the 110 update and I've got problems again,

I get this from the RM Connector client

Server was unable to process request. ---> Get printer credits failed
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessa ge message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.InvokeAsyncCallback(IAsyncRe sult result)

And this from Server

Comms (w3wp) logged the following event at 08:50:09
    Exception caught in remote method 'RM.Networks.PrinterManager.Common.UserCreditsProp erties GetUserCredits(System.String)' on attempt 0. Exception=RM.Networks.Comms.SecurityManager.RMSecu rityException: Security Exception, Requested 'PrinterManager.UserPrinterCredits.Get' by User 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'

Server stack trace:
    at RM.Networks.Comms.SecurityManager.SecurityManagerQ uery.AssertPermission(Permissio n permission)
    at RM.Networks.PrinterManager.PrinterManager.CheckSec urity(String permission)
    at RM.Networks.PrinterManager.PrinterManager.GetUserC redits(String userId)
    at RM.Networks.PrinterManager.CommandImpl.PrinterMana gerProxy.GetUserCredits(String userId)
    at RM.Networks.Comms.Proxies.MarshalByRefGenerated.Ho sted_PrinterManagerProxy_110707 051832000.GetUserCredits(String userId)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink ._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink .PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeM ethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink .SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleRe turnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateI nvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
    at RM.Networks.PrinterManager.Common.IPrinterManagerP roxy.GetUserCredits(String userId)
    at RM.Networks.Comms.Proxies.AutoGenerated.PrinterMan agerProxy_1_0_0_0_1011241109180 00_RemotingProxy.GetUserCredits(String userId)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink ._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink .PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeM ethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink .SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [1]:
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleRe turnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateI nvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
    at RM.Networks.PrinterManager.Common.IPrinterManagerP roxy.GetUserCredits(String userId)
    at RM.Networks.Comms.Proxies.AutoGenerated.IPrinterMa nagerProxy_1_0_0_0_100727103158 406_ClientProxy.GetUserCredits(String userId)
    The Zone of the assembly that failed was:
    MyComputer..

Many Thanks,
    Chris

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,063 Times in 754 Posts
    @Chris_Demo:

Will require a little more info regarding what version of CC4 you are running plus what client platform?

Thank Post
    Its Server 2003, (All up to date) RM Connector is on XPSP3

Thanks
    Chris

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,063 Times in 754 Posts
    Hi Chris,
    Do you have access to the RM Knowledgebase?

I have found this: TEC1476974

When you try to connect what error message besides the first post do you get?

It seems like an aunthentication error to me in the logs you have provided in your first post.

Have you tried to restart the IIS?

Thank Post
    Yes, I've done everything in the KB article to the letter,
    I've restarted IIS and Server
    RM Connector does authenticate, (If you supply duff credentials, it knows)

sometimes I see this instead

Server was unable to process request. ---> Could not gather SID for student
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.InvokeAsyncCallback(IAsyncResult result)

Thank Post
    Hi Chris,

As per my PM I'd welcome the opportunity to help. Could you please get in touch at your convenience.

Kind regards,
    Gordon Stewart

Team Leader
    RM Education

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread