+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, PaperCut - Remove Negative in Technical; Does anyone know if it is possible to get PaperCut to count upwards, rather than downwards, when people print, i.e. ...
    Thank Post

PaperCut - Remove Negative

Does anyone know if it is possible to get PaperCut to count upwards, rather than downwards, when people print, i.e. get rid of the minus sign before the number?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by enjay View Post
    Does anyone know if it is possible to get PaperCut to count upwards, rather than downwards, when people print, i.e. get rid of the minus sign before the number?
    A lot of PaperCut's cost accounting functions are built around amounts being charged to an account, and as such there is no support for positive charges.

If you are starting from a zero balance and users are confused that they have a negative balance as they continue to print, perhaps you can pre-allocate funds?

Alternatively, it may be possible for us (PaperCut Software) to cosmetically remove the "-" sign from user balances as an option in the future. Part of the decision making process regarding which features/enhancements we work on depends on user demand, so please do use the Vote For A Feature link available in the About tab of your PaperCut administration console.

3. 3 Thanks to ianatpapercut:

Abaddon (4th May 2012), enjay (4th May 2012), sister_annex (4th May 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Nice to see Papercut around! Lots of the members here like and use papercut a lot!

Thank Post
    Thanks Ian, I've sent a few feature requests your way, no doubt more will follow shortly when I buy the MF version...

Thank Post
    glennda; Thanks for the welcome. There are a few of us who monitor edugeek, but usually don't post unless we spot a thread where our contribution will bring benefit to the discussion.

enjay; Thanks for the feedback, it's quite valuable to our development process as you can imagine. I look forward to seeing some of your feature requests when you get your teeth into PaperCut MF.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ianatpapercut View Post
    enjay; Thanks for the feedback, it's quite valuable to our development process as you can imagine.
    Totally understand, and I'm a firm believer in telling a supplier what is wrong or needs improving on their product/service. Just ask the RM Customer Satisfaction people about me :-)

I look forward to seeing some of your feature requests when you get your teeth into PaperCut MF.
    You say that now, but I'm sure it won't be long before you set up an inbox rule to automatically filter out my emails :-)

Thank Post
    Seconding this request - for charging staff against departmental budgets when we will never prevent them from printing it doesn't make much sense to count downwards. A "you have spent £4.50" would be a lot clearer than "you have -£4.50 left"

Thank Post
    It's always good to see more feedback, but unfortunately this forum is not really the best avenue for supporting feature requests; I'd recommend using the Vote for a Feature survey link from within your PaperCut admin interface, and/or sending an e-mail through to support@papercut.com. The kind of reasoning and example you provided will probably help the case for the functionality change and assist the developers with nailing it when it gets assigned to active development.

Thank Post
    It's always good to see more feedback, but unfortunately this forum is not really the best avenue for supporting feature requests; I'd recommend using the Vote for a Feature survey link from within your PaperCut admin interface, and/or sending an e-mail through to support@papercut.com. The kind of reasoning and example you provided will probably help the case for the functionality change and assist the developers with nailing it when it gets assigned to active development.
    +1 for papercut, used the tracking only at a previous primary I worked at then moved to full version at the secondary I work at now, absolutely brilliant software.

Vote for a feature is great as the guys at papercut really get an insight into how their customers want the software to work for them. I've sent a few suggestions where I hope to see them in the future versions.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread