+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Impero Print Quotas in Technical; Does anyone use Impero print quotas? If so have they generally been reliable? I am just trialling Impero and have ...

Thank Post

Impero Print Quotas

Does anyone use Impero print quotas? If so have they generally been reliable?

I am just trialling Impero and have hit a bug where it lets certain documents print even though the account has no credit. It sticks up a notice saying the user has no credit, but still prints. Worse, it does not log the print job. This may be an unusual case as it has so far only occurred with a certain local printer with documents printed from MS Word. But I would like to know if anyone else has had problems.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,413 Times in 1,767 Posts
    Have you spoken to Impero support about this yet?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    Have you spoken to Impero support about this yet?
    Yes. They said they have seen bugs like this before with certain printers. They advised upgrading the driver, which I am going to try.

Thank Post
    Swapping from the Microsoft driver that was in use to one from the printer manufacturer did fix the issue. I am still rather concerned about the issue because it is the kind of problem that could get missed if it only happened intermittently for a printer.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi

After the upgrade of the driver should be ok the upgraded driver it should always charge. Sadly as any print management software will tell you print drivers tend to be interesting and sometimes situation like above will happen no matter what print man software you use. Did you log the printer type with the support (sorry been on site all day) if so this will get passed up so we can try and fix it.. If not pm the details...

Russ

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by russdev View Post
    Hi

After the upgrade of the driver should be ok the upgraded driver it should always charge. Sadly as any print management software will tell you print drivers tend to be interesting and sometimes situation like above will happen no matter what print man software you use. Did you log the printer type with the support (sorry been on site all day) if so this will get passed up so we can try and fix it.. If not pm the details...

Russ
    Hello Russell

I see your point. I think the issue with this particular printer probably is sorted. A quickly resolved issue with a particular elderly printer is not really a big deal. It is just unfortunate that this is the first printer I happened to test. I posted here to put my mind at rest that such issues are rare.

I am afraid all the praise it gets around here may have given me unrealistically high expectations of Impero.

I included the model of the printer when I updated the support ticket.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    If any software vendor says its bug free then they are lying Hopefully not damaged our reputation too much

Russell

Thank Post
    Unfortunately, the issue does not seem to be confined to the one printer. I found pretty much the same issue occurred when printing from a Windows 7 64-bit machine to our main printers - this time I could print from both word and excel without triggering the print detection. Upgrading the driver did not help in this case. I ran out of time to work on the issue and have not spoken to Impero support yet - I am planning to tomorrow. I will update this thread with the result.

Anyone else out there using Impero for print management?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread