+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, iTalc 2.0 Windows 7 Machines in Technical; Hi Can some one please lead me in the right direction please before i rip my hair out lol! I'm ...
    Thank Post

Question iTalc 2.0 Windows 7 Machines

Hi

Can some one please lead me in the right direction please before i rip my hair out lol!

I'm wanting to set up classroom management with the latest iTalc version 2.0
    I have 10 classrooms and 1 corridor i want to monitor, all clients are running windows 7 pro except for class 7 which are still on xp and my server is running 2008 r2
    so far I've been successful in setting up all machines and being able to monitor them using my server. but not the on the teacher machines in the individual classes.
    now my next project is to have the remote module in every class room so teachers can monitor the kids in their own class
    i have been on the iTalc website and it ain't very clear at all! even the wiki and documentations are rubbish!

can someone please tell me how to set up this system so it works. so far im stuck on setting up keys.

I would be very grateful if some one can put me out of my misery and point me in the right direction :-)

Thank you!!!

Phil

Thank Post
    Hi Phil not sure if this is still a problem for you or not. I never used the keys to setup my installation, they are using windows credentials to authenticate. Under the management console select "authentication" and then click the "manage permissions" button. Here i put in my own username so i could get it working and I also added the teachers username on the teacher pc (master). It is important to add the same username(s) on all the clients as well using the management console. It is using that account to access the client pcs.

I currently have one class setup with my own pc as a master and the teachers pc as a master in that room as well. I've only just got them up and running last week. Like you though I've found documentation for this confusing and almost non-existent. Also i never used a server for mine both masters are running on Windows 7, the whole domain is Windows 7 Enterprise.

Thank Post
    Thank you for your response.

I'm currently looking into another package by Impero software. but i will bear it in mind tho!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread