Hello, all!

I have 2 computer labs at 2 different schools (1 elementary and 1 high-school), and we're hoping to use iTalc2 to monitor students' desktops. Unfortunately, all the documentation I can find is for previous versions, and I can't figure out how to get it working.

At the high-school, all of the computers (master and students) are Windows XP and on the same domain. However, at the elementary school the master is Windows XP and the student machines are Edubuntu Linux 11.04. All the Linux machines are set up with a permanently-mounted Samba share that's hosted on the Windows XP master computer.. so I could use that.

Anywho, I have the software set up on both master machines but when I start adding machines to the classroom, none of them can connect. I understand that there's something to be set up on the student machine, and something to do with keys.. but iTalc2 can use network permissions? And I'm not sure which key (public or private) needs to be copied where (especially with Linux), and there's also something about roles.

As you can see, I'm quite confused. Also, I'm by no means a server admin, so please keep your advice simple (no scripts, etc).

Many thanks!!