+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Advice on what class room management software? in Technical; Impero has been good for us, teachers love it (except it recording what they do at home on the school ...
  1. #16
    skunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    311
    Thank Post
    88
    Thanked 40 Times in 33 Posts
    Rep Power
    30
    Impero has been good for us, teachers love it (except it recording what they do at home on the school laptops), IT support find it very useful as does the management team for the audit trails.

    There are some niggles, but an awful lot less than any other remote control software we have used over the years.

    +1 for Impero.

  2. 2 Thanks to skunk:

    russdev (5th January 2012), zag (16th April 2012)

  3. #17

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    265
    Thank Post
    35
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Rep Power
    16
    Ok, having looked at the Impero site and spoken to them I have to admit I'm impressed with what I see..

    I'm going to BETT on Wednesday and will be shuffleing over to their stand for a chat/demo.

    Does anyone know if it works ok with CSE?

    Thanks
    Dan

  4. #18
    mb2k01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,149
    Thank Post
    191
    Thanked 235 Times in 199 Posts
    Rep Power
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by IT_Man_Dan View Post
    Ok, having looked at the Impero site and spoken to them I have to admit I'm impressed with what I see..

    I'm going to BETT on Wednesday and will be shuffleing over to their stand for a chat/demo.

    Does anyone know if it works ok with CSE?

    Thanks
    Dan
    It should do.
    If you're with CSE, I'm guessing you've looked at their own product too? (I think i'm right in saying they have either written their own now... or they might still be re-badging JugleByte teach)

  5. #19

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    265
    Thank Post
    35
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Rep Power
    16
    Yea we've looked at their solution and at the moment feel it's not what we are looking for.

    Impero ticks a lot of boxes regarding features etc.

    Thanks
    Dan

  6. #20

    glennda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sussex
    Posts
    7,821
    Thank Post
    272
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Rep Power
    351
    Alot of what Impero can offer can be done for free using various other tools.

  7. #21

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    433
    Thank Post
    85
    Thanked 48 Times in 43 Posts
    Rep Power
    18
    We use ab tutor, easy to set up and use, great if you want to apply some installs to all the computers at once, log them all on from the teacher pc, send out the install and done. can also set up 2 account 1 for admin one for teacher so teachers can only control the pc's in that class room.

  8. #22

    russdev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    6,954
    Thank Post
    722
    Thanked 553 Times in 368 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by glennda View Post
    Alot of what Impero can offer can be done for free using various other tools.
    I agree yes some features you could use free tools but also lot of features there isn't free tools. Also you are using 30 tools instead of one. However that is more a philosophical debate more than anything.

    Russell

  9. #23

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    265
    Thank Post
    35
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by russdev View Post
    I agree yes some features you could use free tools but also lot of features there isn't free tools. Also you are using 30 tools instead of one. However that is more a philosophical debate more than anything.

    Russell
    I agree with you here Russell, We're looking for 1 tool that will do it all :-) I'm speaking to Tim at BETT tomorrow to get a full demo etc and find out more about impero :-)

  10. #24

    russdev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    6,954
    Thank Post
    722
    Thanked 553 Times in 368 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by IT_Man_Dan View Post
    I agree with you here Russell, We're looking for 1 tool that will do it all :-) I'm speaking to Tim at BETT tomorrow to get a full demo etc and find out more about impero :-)
    When you go over to speak to Tim do come and say hello as well Also if anyone wants to come over to stand and chat more than welcome if speaking to me then don't have to speak to sales guys ...

    Russell

  11. #25

    russdev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    6,954
    Thank Post
    722
    Thanked 553 Times in 368 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    205
    @IT_Man_Dan How are you finding Impero?

  12. #26

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    1,883
    Thank Post
    25
    Thanked 93 Times in 73 Posts
    Rep Power
    51
    Can anyone give costs for these.. I have one for Impero and the Abtutor site gives a price of around £150 ish per teacher machine... what about Netsupport and Lanschool?

  13. #27

    russdev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    6,954
    Thank Post
    722
    Thanked 553 Times in 368 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by Simcfc73 View Post
    Can anyone give costs for these.. I have one for Impero and the Abtutor site gives a price of around £150 ish per teacher machine... what about Netsupport and Lanschool?
    @Simcfc73 Have you looked at power management side?

    Always talk to your account manager about price however you can use to consolidate other products however I am going to stray away from this areas mainly as do not want to come across as sales thread etc.

    One thing I would say with any software your buying ask them how many updates they have done in last 12 months and how many new features have been added in last 12 months. At least then can see if product is going to get new features all the time or they if they do two releases a year and do not add many new features in each release.

    Russell


    Russell

  14. #28

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    1,883
    Thank Post
    25
    Thanked 93 Times in 73 Posts
    Rep Power
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by russdev View Post
    @Simcfc73 Have you looked at power management side?

    Always talk to your account manager about price however you can use to consolidate other products however I am going to stray away from this areas mainly as do not want to come across as sales thread etc.

    One thing I would say with any software your buying ask them how many updates they have done in last 12 months and how many new features have been added in last 12 months. At least then can see if product is going to get new features all the time or they if they do two releases a year and do not add many new features in each release.

    Russell


    Russell

    I have powerout controlling the power in school which cost me £250 5 years ago which I am more than happy with. I did like Impero but thought it was just too much for us, I can't justify the cost. We are a smallish school so the tutor machines would cost a fair whack.

  15. #29

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    265
    Thank Post
    35
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Rep Power
    16
    @RussDev
    Impero is very good, the teachers love it! I'm just playing around with it and getting it setup how I want it. Would be good to have a chat to you about a few things to do with it at some point.

    Dan

  16. #30

    russdev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    6,954
    Thank Post
    722
    Thanked 553 Times in 368 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    205
    @it_man_dan

    Sure more than happy to give you a call..

    Russell



SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Advice on what to do with new 2008 R2 Server
    By MachoManRS in forum Windows Server 2008 R2
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 4th November 2011, 03:38 PM
  2. Advice on what Qualifications to pursue
    By Jon-Dukes in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 4th February 2011, 12:33 PM
  3. PAT Testing - seeking advice on what to tell a new PAT Tester
    By speckytecky in forum Wireless Networks
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 6th January 2011, 12:18 PM
  4. Open Source Class Room Managment
    By jameswarner in forum Network and Classroom Management
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30th November 2010, 02:17 PM
  5. Room Booking Software, Install on Remote Office Server
    By BKGarry in forum How do you do....it?
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 29th July 2009, 09:32 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •