+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Network and Classroom Management Thread, CC4 and Printer Credits in Technical; I was recently sold CC4 for 2008 R2 and was told that as an upgrade from CC3 I'd have no ...

Thank Post

CC4 and Printer Credits

I was recently sold CC4 for 2008 R2 and was told that as an upgrade from CC3 I'd have no issues.

What a bag of untruths

For a start Printer Credits don't work anymore and neither does RM Connector, even though I was told that they would work right off the shelf.

Has anyone else managed to successfully get any compensation from this company for blatant mis selling of their product?

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    There are lots of better print credit solutions.

Try papercut, it doesn't cost very much.

rad
    Thank Post
    Get on to them, hagle them, moan at them, and when you log onto the RM website and it says " Hello I'm Terry Sweeney, the CEO of RM, how are we doing..." tell them, trust me, if you write something bad, they will quickly address the issue.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,601 Times in 1,131 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooser View Post
    For a start Printer Credits don't work anymore and neither does RM Connector, even though I was told that they would work right off the shelf.
    We have CC3 and can't use Printer Credits properly. [Well, it's more that the printers have been saying they can't be managed and to check back in 20 minutes for about 3 weeks so far.]

Thank Post
    printer credit system works on SQL and they are having to re write the database due to the move to server 2008 etc. I have been told it should be ready in a couple of months or so.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zag View Post
    Try papercut, it doesn't cost very much.
    I'm currently trialling Papercut and it does well up to a point, my main beef is that I was sold something that doesn't work and they seem reluctant to do anything about it.

I can see that they are moving the system to Postgre ( I assume for unification purposes ), but that still doesn't excuse what they've done.

It seems that they've spent a long time being able to do what they want without schools giving them what for. Coming from a corporate background I find this wholly inexcusable.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    It seems that they've spent a long time being able to do what they want without schools giving them what for. Coming from a corporate background I find this wholly inexcusable.
    RM pretty much have a monopoly when it comes to managed IT systems.

It's pretty much a case of "put up with it or sort it all out yourself".

I've been trying to get us to move away from RM for ages... But it isn't looking likely.

Thank Post
    TO be fair we were told this is the case and I would lay the blame at the door of your account manager, still doesn't excuse the fact though about them upgrading the system with quite a few of the bells and whistles missing though.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    RM pretty much have a monopoly when it comes to managed IT systems.
    and
    It's pretty much a case of "put up with it or sort it all out yourself".

I've been trying to get us to move away from RM for ages... But it isn't looking likely.
    It's appalling, I've already had to fix the 2008 native backup system that RM said couldn't be used, I've had to manually alter GPO's as their Management console barely works and as much as I'd love to take the site onto a Vanilla network, they need to be able to do things for themselves as I'm only part time.

I shall keep things updated as to progress....

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by andyturpie View Post
    TO be fair we were told this is the case and I would lay the blame at the door of your account manager, still doesn't excuse the fact though about them upgrading the system with quite a few of the bells and whistles missing though.
    I think this is the main point really, if I'd know that things would have been missing I'd have shelved the project for a couple of months.

I take it RM have people on this site too that read these things?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I take it RM have people on this site too that read these things?
    Possibly, but I doubt they'd be in a position to sort anything out.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rad View Post
    Get on to them, hagle them, moan at them, and when you log onto the RM website and it says " Hello I'm Terry Sweeney, the CEO of RM, how are we doing..." tell them, trust me, if you write something bad, they will quickly address the issue.
    Not entirely true. We had endless errors (wont go into them) and I filled out their "would you recommend us" survey saying no. they called the head (who wasn't in thankfully) to talk about why I had given them a low score. not talk to me, talk to my head (this during the time RM were telling my head "its not our software its him, he doesn't have the experience")
    I got a phone call from someone there saying "oh yes you have had it bad, we'll get right on all these issues" then nothing again.

Thank Post
    Rooser, we are at the point of moving from CC3 to another. CC4 would be the prefered choice as less of a learning curve and training costs etc, but I am in meetings next few weeks with Impero, Ranger, Viglen Classlink and CSE to look at their products. We have moved our workstations away from RM to Viglen, our SMT want us to look at other options.

14. Thanks to andyturpie from:

russdev (25th November 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by andyturpie View Post
    Rooser, we are at the point of moving from CC3 to another. CC4 would be the prefered choice as less of a learning curve and training costs etc, but I am in meetings next few weeks with Impero, Ranger, Viglen Classlink and CSE to look at their products. We have moved our workstations away from RM to Viglen, our SMT want us to look at other options.
    I looked at Ranger (which is owned by RM anyway) and found that as much as it could do what you need in the end, it'll take a lot of work to get it there, there's a lot of tweaking to do to getting working to give a seamless transition. I plumped with CC4 because, like you, it gives the end users more or less the same experience that they are used to and gives the ability to farm out non tech issues (like passwords and printer credits) to trusted users.

It's a great idea in principal, it's just badly thought out and done. Even worse is the fact that they don't seem to care....

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 984 Posts
    Blog Entries
    When we were considering CC4 with 2008r2 we were given a list of things that hadn't yet been ported over from the 2003 system and asked if we still wanted to go ahead. We weren't overly fussed by them so did go ahead.
    I suggest that your account manager should have done the same and there are grounds for a complaint if you weren't informed about things that were not working. I would contact the Customer Experience Department as they are generally very good with complaints.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast