+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, CC3 Allowing users to access "Graphics Properties" in Technical; Hey guys, in my school users need to be able to access Graphics Properties to clone their screen onto a ...

Thank Post

Post CC3 Allowing users to access "Graphics Properties"

Hey guys, in my school users need to be able to access Graphics Properties to clone their screen onto a whiteboard, there is a problem that means it randomly reverts to single display which I'm looking into now (Though this isn't the topic) I need to find a way to allow the basic Staff to be able to change their display to clone again without me logging in to the computer and doing it myself. Is there anything on the User Types section of the management console I'm missing or do I need to add a custom setting?
    If it is a custom setting how would I go about doing that for the graphics properties?
    Or is there even a simple .bat script I can put on their desktop to do that? I'm not a coder so I wouldn't know how to do this myself.

Any help will be greatly appreciated and if you need more information I'll be happy to provide it

~Kisageru

Thank Post
    Hi Kisageru,

The only place I can see is in the user type properties > Control Panel > Enable The Display Control Panel change cross to a tick.

You probably already know this, but you will have to clone the staff user type to make any changes.

Hope this helps.

Sean

Thank Post
    I've tried that but I cannot see the option, unless I'm missing something totally obvious Q_Q

Thank Post
    Kisageru - we think we may have the solution (only found out this morning) as we have had this issue. Log into CC3 with your sysman password and go to global settings. Select the system category. We have made sure that "Remove intel graphics mode selector" and "Setting to disable intel graphic card hotkeys" have a red "X" in the box. We have tested on two machines. Our machines still seem to change back as the projector as the primary display (grrr!), but as soon as the user logs in, the screen self clones.....

5. Thanks to andyturpie from:

Kisageru (28th November 2011)

Thank Post
    @Andyturpie - Thankyou for this it has worked perfectly and will surely save me some earache from some of the staff members

7. Thanks to Kisageru from:

andyturpie (28th November 2011)

Thank Post
    No worries my friend, we have only had one call regarding this since Friday (I presume this machine was left logged in overnight and didn't pick up the new settings). Happy days!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread