+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Urgent RM CC4 Comms & Security Problem in Technical; Hello all, I have run into a very bad problem and am in a very bad situation, Our Support Contract ...

Thank Post

Urgent RM CC4 Comms & Security Problem

Hello all,

I have run into a very bad problem and am in a very bad situation, Our Support Contract has unfortunately expired and we are unable to renew it until after xmas (there are a few reasons for this most of which I can not discuss), Recently for one reason or another Comms and Security was uninstalled, To which I only noticed today and as you will know if you have no Comms and Security CC4 is pretty much useless as nothing works no Service Host which therefore means no RMMC etc, Upon reinstalling Comms and Security I get the following message

Code:
    RM.Networks.Comms.Data.DalException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:5432 ---> RM.Networks.Data.PostgreSQL.Provider.PgException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:5432
       at RM.Networks.Comms.Data.Dal.OpenConnection(DalConnection connection)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at RM.Networks.Comms.Data.Dal.GetTransaction(DalConnection connection, DalTransactionMode mode, Boolean& usingExisting)
       at RM.Networks.Comms.Data.DalAdminCommand.ExecuteScalar()
    I have no idea what to do as i just can not get it to install, Also I believe this is something to do with RM Data Access Layer Config, However can not find that file on any backup C:\Program Files\RM\Connect\Data Access Layer, It says it does not exsit, If possible could you help me out with the comms error and / or if possible could somebody upload there Data Access Layer form the server as I am really desperate to get this solved and until I can we have a very bad functioning network (Worse than before)

Thanks all

Thank Post
    How big is your installation files in total you used to reinstall?
    It sounds like that could be missing something.

Thank Post
    Off hand it is about 2MB for Comms and Security, I can confirm this tomorrow when I go to work

Thank Post
    So in that folder you have no RM.Networks.Comms.Data.Dal.dll.config? From what I recall, restarting RM Service Host should recreate this but if you cannot start that service, then obviously it won't. Can you not copy RM.Networks.Comms.Data.Dal.dll.config from a client?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Warner View Post
    Hello all,

I have run into a very bad problem and am in a very bad situation, Our Support Contract has unfortunately expired and we are unable to renew it until after xmas (there are a few reasons for this most of which I can not discuss), Recently for one reason or another Comms and Security was uninstalled, To which I only noticed today and as you will know if you have no Comms and Security CC4 is pretty much useless as nothing works no Service Host which therefore means no RMMC etc, Upon reinstalling Comms and Security I get the following message

Code:
    RM.Networks.Comms.Data.DalException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:5432 ---> RM.Networks.Data.PostgreSQL.Provider.PgException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:5432
       at RM.Networks.Comms.Data.Dal.OpenConnection(DalConnection connection)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at RM.Networks.Comms.Data.Dal.GetTransaction(DalConnection connection, DalTransactionMode mode, Boolean& usingExisting)
       at RM.Networks.Comms.Data.DalAdminCommand.ExecuteScalar()
    I have no idea what to do as i just can not get it to install, Also I believe this is something to do with RM Data Access Layer Config, However can not find that file on any backup C:\Program Files\RM\Connect\Data Access Layer, It says it does not exsit, If possible could you help me out with the comms error and / or if possible could somebody upload there Data Access Layer form the server as I am really desperate to get this solved and until I can we have a very bad functioning network (Worse than before)

Thanks all

Thank Post
    I have tried that but apparently the one from the server has more info in and it still does not work that's why im in need of it you see,

Thank Post
    It sounds like you need to reinstall the RM database.

7. Thanks to Chris_ from:

sparkeh (8th November 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_ View Post
    It sounds like you need to reinstall the RM database.
    Ahhh yes, Something I would not mind doing ..... Do you have any idea on how to do this then Chris if so cna you post it here or give us a PM,

Does anyone else have any more ideas though ?
    Thanks

Thank Post
    Hi there, I have made some progress with Comms and Security but still can not get it to install, I have attached the MSI Logfile that I created with it,

Data Access Layer is working but only has one load of information in the CONFIG file, However I can manually add the remaining details but am just wondering why it only has one section. Below is what is in Data Access Layer

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <configuration>
      <providers>
        <provider name="Pg" type="RM.Networks.Comms.Data.Providers.Pg.PgDalProviderFactory, RM.Networks.Comms.Data.Providers.Pg, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=eeb5625e6980d3a5" />
        <provider name="SqlCe35" type="RM.Networks.Comms.Data.Providers.SqlCE.SqlCe35DalProviderFactory, RM.Networks.Comms.Data.Providers.SqlCe35, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=eeb5625e6980d3a5" />
        <provider name="SQLite" type="RM.Networks.Comms.Data.Providers.SQLite.SQLiteDalProviderFactory, RM.Networks.Comms.Data.Providers.SQLite, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=eeb5625e6980d3a5" />
        <provider name="OleDB" type="RM.Networks.Comms.Data.Providers.OleDb.OleDbDalProviderFactory, RM.Networks.Comms.Data.Providers.OleDb, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=eeb5625e6980d3a5" />
      </providers>
    </configuration>
    Again any help would be greatly appreciated and as for Comms and Security the file is v2.6.0.0 and is 1.3MB incase that is important

commsandsecurity.txt

Thanks all

Thank Post
    Hi Paul

I would strongly recommend you doing a DR on the C: drive of your forest root server rather than playing with the RM components - you will end up with a completely unusable system. If you start removing components from the RM suite of software you will end up in a BIG mess. The DR of the FR c: is probably going to cause you the least hassle than trying to do this alone!

Andy

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by agibson View Post
    Hi Paul

I would strongly recommend you doing a DR on the C: drive of your forest root server rather than playing with the RM components - you will end up with a completely unusable system. If you start removing components from the RM suite of software you will end up in a BIG mess. The DR of the FR c: is probably going to cause you the least hassle than trying to do this alone!

Andy
    Hello Andy,

Thanks for your reply, the trouble with doing that is I would loose so much stuff in the proccess of settings and details etc configured after the problem which I need to hold unto that is why restoring is going to be my last resort, also I just can not understand why it fails to install as there should be no reason why it should fail, However thank you very much for your reply.

Thank Post
    Have you been able to repair/reinstall the other RM services, for example the RM Connection pool? Do you still have any post SR2 updates that changed the Service Host/reinstalled it? That may be an answer for now, although may not work if ServiceHost is completely cream-crackered.

Andy

Thank Post
    I have been able to Repair and Uninstall / Reinstall RM Connection Pool and Data Access Layer and a few others, I have installed a few Post-SR2 Updates 092 085 083, There the only PostInstall SR2 Updates I have installed, As for Service Host do you know what account it uses and the details for it (If so can you PM me them for security reasons !!!)

Thanks
    Paul,

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Warner View Post
    I have been able to Repair and Uninstall / Reinstall RM Connection Pool and Data Access Layer and a few others, I have installed a few Post-SR2 Updates 092 085 083, There the only PostInstall SR2 Updates I have installed, As for Service Host do you know what account it uses and the details for it (If so can you PM me them for security reasons !!!)

Thanks
    Paul,
    You mean the account it runs as? RM create a lot of accounts which are unique - I.e they're random letters/numbers created during installation.

To be honest, I think someone up top needs to decide whether not renewing the support contract is going to have more of an affect than renewing it. It's my thought that you simply cannot solve complex issues with RM components without access to the support team at RM. I think you're fighting a lost cause here.

Thank Post
    Thanks, Yes it is the Service Host Account I was thinking of, However if it is random then there is very little hope,

Im tempted to revert the server back to the Commissioning Tape we have of when it was first built (Just the C and D Drives but not the Active Directory etc), However I have a few problems with that our CC4 Network was one of the first which needed CC4UPD001 which along with CC4 SR1 I unfortuantely do not have access to these discs and so therefore if I did it would be very hard to update and get to the right version.

How would I be able to get hold of CC4UPD001 and CC4 SR1 without a Support Contract ?

Or would it be best to just stay how I am and hope to fix the server, @Edu-IT I understand that and tehre are quite a few reasons, Unfortuantely there is nothing I can do at the moment and am just hoping I can get it fixed very soon as the CC4 Network is in even worse state than before.

Finally does anyone have acceess to the CC3 to CC4 Upgrade DVD when it was given out a few years ago, If so can you PM me and I can explain in more detail.

Thanks All

Thank Post
    Thing is, you won't get all the updates you need without access to RM support site. So even if you went back to the commissioning tape, and assuming that works, there's not just SR1 but SR2 now and at a rough guess about 15 other updates you'd need to put on to bring your network back in line. I'd seriously suggest unless you have these updates, you don't roll back.

Whatever your issues are for not getting support, I'd try and address those. You're going to end up in a far worse situation by trying to dabble.

It would also be against the rules for anyone to send you these updates so I wouldn't ask on EduGeek!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast