+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Anyone using Impero? in Technical; Yep upgraded to 3.1.14 on Friday before spending time with support. Just appears that the IE9 add-ons not wanting to ...
    Thank Post
    Yep upgraded to 3.1.14 on Friday before spending time with support.

Just appears that the IE9 add-ons not wanting to start. Removing a reg key resolves it for Admin users, but not for students, but at least we know where the fault is, and ironically it seemed to work fine on a W7 laptop just as we were leaving on Friday, so it's something to compare on Monday morning

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I think the IE9 thing was listed as a known bug...but not sure if it's technically a bug as IE9 tries to block all BHO's inc. Impero BHO.
    Either way, have been using Impero since v0.5 or something silly and have also used RM Tutor and a few others in between. Cannot recommend Impero enough. Teachers found it easier to use than RM Tutor and a lot more responsive.
    As others have said, things like remote logon and mimic scripts are worth their weight in gold when doing monotonous tasks on a bank of machines.

Thank Post
    We're using impero, 515 PCs with it installed here.

It's a fantastic bit of software, i trialed netsupport, abtutor and netop and impero when i was trying to choose a program of this type, impero came far and away on top.

Thank Post
    We looked at it but too expensive. We use a mixture of AB tutor, Tight VNC (which was free) and home mede admin console. We still have to get up to make the coffee though.

Thank Post
    How comprehensive is the internet filtering? Is it comparable to that of Bloxx/Smoothwall, or would you need these in addition?

Thank Post
    We have been using impero for quite a while now and both us and the IT teachers love it. It took us a while to set it up fully. We now have it deployed on all of our student machines to block websites, be controled by IT Teachers/network team, Demo by class teacher or other pupils and blank screens. We have been trying to set it up not to monitor websites but just block them for staff machines but we are having some troubles at the moment.

I would recomend getting impero, its the best thing we have ever bought.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We use Impero as a management tool. We have done since Version 2. I like version 3 and the latest version we have is 3.1.16.

At BETT the Impero stand was running 3.1.5x - a lot of changes and due for release in February (Russ will correct me). It adds a lot more - including Mac deployment of .img files.

At £1000 per year of support it is quite expensive and this year we are looking at other options. However I do like what it offers and it may stay on the network.

Gareth

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by garethedmondson View Post
    We use Impero as a management tool. We have done since Version 2. I like version 3 and the latest version we have is 3.1.16.

At BETT the Impero stand was running 3.1.5x - a lot of changes and due for release in February (Russ will correct me). It adds a lot more - including Mac deployment of .img files.

At £1000 per year of support it is quite expensive and this year we are looking at other options. However I do like what it offers and it may stay on the network.

Gareth
    Hi guys

First support renewal is % of original order value however in my view (and of course I would say this) worth it.

I always say ask vendor how many updates and how many new features been released in year and that will tell you if worth getting the support or not. If company does two releases a year and they are all bug fixes is support worth it. However if they release new features with every upgrade then maybe support is worth it. Also remember our support includes unlimited remote technical and teacher training.

Anyway going to move on before I turn into a salesman...

As for new release we got to beta testers in next few weeks or and then just depends on beta testing as to when we go to full release.

@dean41 if give me a pm with school details I can look into

Russell
    Last edited by russdev; 25th January 2012 at 11:56 AM.

Thank Post
    just in the process of moving from netop to impero had bother with netop droping clients and impero seems to do everything we want it too.. just waiting on final go ahead and a final price.

10. Thanks to woodham from:

russdev (1st February 2012)

Thank Post
    I've been using it for just under a year, and find it invaluable for loads of reasons, and there are quite a few features I've not even tried to use yet...

I can highly recommend it...

If you want to discuss it or ask any questions from an unbiased source, feel free to get in touch :¬)

12. Thanks to RichCowell from:

russdev (1st February 2012)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12