+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, TaskForce CO2 - What do you guys think? in Technical; Howdy, I have been playing around with power management recently, and I have come across "TaskForce CO2" - PC Power ...

Thank Post

TaskForce CO2 - What do you guys think?

Howdy,

I have been playing around with power management recently, and I have come across "TaskForce CO2" - PC Power Management Software | Auto Shutdown Software | Energy Saving | Cut CO2

If I'm honest, I think it's pretty impressive at first glance. I am currently testing it on a couple of computer rooms to see how well it runs. I have tried running scripts and adding each machine into the script, as well as using Shutdownertron but I haven't found anything that seems quite as neat as this yet. I don't mind installing the clients from a console, as it's only the computer rooms that I want to add for now, as they are the rooms we have most problems with people not shutting down.

Anyway, does anybody else have experience in using this? Any opinions and suggestions would be gladly welcomed.

Sven.

Thank Post
    I see. I can't see ongoing support as too much of an issue. If it works, then it works. Would you recommend any other product that function like it? I have heard of one called "PowerOut", but I don't seem to be able to find anything about it anywhere.

Thank Post
    It's okish. It has no MSI deployment which really sucks if you ever reimage a PC as you have to remember to deploy it manually again. They are extremely slow at releasing updates, i.e I was promised one to solve an issue way back in Jan this year, yet it was only released recently.

PowerOut was the name of the product under the previous company.

4. Thanks to DrCheese from:

sven (19th October 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanks for that! Would you advise staying away then? There really doesn't seem to be much else in the way of power management solutions.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,037 Times in 1,482 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Shutdownertron does the job perfectly fine. Fine it may not have the bells and whistles that TaskForce CO2 and what have you, but you can set machines to shut down at a specific time and thats all you really need

Thank Post
    I used to have Shutdownertron on XP, but left it off the Windows 7 image, as it says it doesn't work..

I've been getting this sort of software being spammed to me recently, I have tried the TaskforceC02, but it doesn't like my multiple domains...
    I've just had this one recently so I was planning to play with it next week in the half term.

8. Thanks to User3204 from:

sven (20th October 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by User3204 View Post
    I used to have Shutdownertron on XP, but left it off the Windows 7 image, as it says it doesn't work..

I've been getting this sort of software being spammed to me recently, I have tried the TaskforceC02, but it doesn't like my multiple domains...
    I've just had this one recently so I was planning to play with it next week in the half term.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will take a look at this today also. I'll let you know how I get on.

Thank Post
    GarryO,

That would be great if you could provide me with that. I'm just trying to look at everything available and weigh up what's going to be best for us.

Sven.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,563 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We have SpecOps Remote Admin (now called GP Update Professional) which runs a Powershell script as a scheduled task to shut down and wake up our computers each day. Does lots of other handy tricks too, it's a wonderful bit of software what has never given us any trouble.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,037 Times in 1,482 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Infact if you have the entire spec ops suite you have a very powerful system indeed. great imaging, great management etc

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Dont buy it, the original company went bust and just before they did they were offering site licences for life at stupid costs just to try to stay afloat. Some of the software is nice dont get me wrong but as they keep going under and back up etc its difficult to get support if you need it.
    Where do you (not) get accurate information?

I dealt with Visionsoft for several years before it closed in 2009 and happen to know that it ran for more than 19 years. No mean feat given the economic climate in this country. No company runs forever, not even banks!

PeachWorx concentrates on TaskForce CO2 (PowerOut, as was). This a straightforward, easy to use application, thats does exactly what the adverts say, namely, it shuts PCs down and wakes them up again.

Many of my clients use it and I have no reservations recommending to others. Some of my clients transitioned to TFCO2 from PowerOut and they are equally happy with it.

I would be interested to know what your connection with Visionsoft and/or their products was.

Thank Post
    for DrCheese ...

You may have missed the option which lets you automatically choose to deploy the TFCO2 remote agent to new PCs. A reimaged PC should appear to the TFC02 console just as if it was a new one.
    Last edited by Tedric; 24th October 2011 at 04:40 PM.

Thank Post
    for User3204

Never been a problem for me. Although, I have had to help a couple of clients sort out cross domain permission issues. Once that is sorted, multi-domain administration of TFCO2 is little different to single domain configurations.

Also had one client with "smart" routers, a little too "smart" as it turned out. An extra layer of things to configure, but, se la vie.

Thank Post
    for NEPHILIM: Shutdownertron ...

Unless you are using Vista or Windows 7

Version 1.5 is on the way, apparently, and support for the above is to be included.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread