+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Ab Tutor !!! in Technical; What a Great tool !! having been waiting for italc to actually makes a version that doesnt crash when using ...

Thank Post

Ab Tutor !!!

What a Great tool !!

having been waiting for italc to actually makes a version that doesnt crash when using the full features of the program , decided to have a trial of AB tutor .

Other than being one of the cheapest for us , its actually very very good .. So good infact im gonna purchase it .

Dont bother waiting for italc guys ,, its always going to be buggy ! .

ABTutor is Great , every feature works and i love how easy it is . Policy making is great . For e.g. i can make all the machines only able to access the VLE instead of the web !.

Made some custom Lock screens and applied buttons to the teachers GUI .

Great stuff !

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2097 View Post
    What a Great tool !!

having been waiting for italc to actually makes a version that doesnt crash when using the full features of the program , decided to have a trial of AB tutor .

Other than being one of the cheapest for us , its actually very very good .. So good infact im gonna purchase it .

Dont bother waiting for italc guys ,, its always going to be buggy ! .

ABTutor is Great , every feature works and i love how easy it is . Policy making is great . For e.g. i can make all the machines only able to access the VLE instead of the web !.

Made some custom Lock screens and applied buttons to the teachers GUI .

Great stuff !
    It is good although when remote accessing the pc's it can be very laggy on windows 7

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,451 Times in 998 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Personally we found LanSchool much easier to use than ABTutor, both for us and for the staff - iirc, ABTutor used to ask a load of questions on start up each time and required the teacher to know what they wanted/were doing before they'd started doing it.

I can't really remember though, cos we uninstalled the trial fairly quickly to give that room the LanSchool trial instead!

Not as full featured as NetSupport, but nowhere near as expensive - similar, I think, to AB Tutor, just a much smoother/easier experience.

If you're not committed yet, give it a go, anyway - LanSchool Site and LanSchool resellers
    Last edited by sonofsanta; 7th October 2011 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Edit out the stupid HTML title keywords in the URLs. Seriously, people still list them like that?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    You could remove most of the question asking by using command line options when loading ABTutor and locking down the level of access teachers have to remove unused and unwanted functionality etc.

Thank Post
    Many years of successful AB Tutor use here, but yeah remote viewing is mega laggy on Windows 7. Still very handy for mass logons etc too.

Thank Post
    lanschool was near enough 4x the price of abtutor

i have setup each teacher/control machine in each room to only access that classroom , to the security i added the staffs usernames that will be using it .

The only popup startup message we get is the trial screen ?

What other messages are people getting ?

Thank Post
    I will add my vote for abtutor. It does what it says on the tin and does it well. If it does what you want buy it if you want an all singing all dancing remote management system for everything be prepared to spend a lot of money. But if you want in a school this will do most of what you want and need and is designed for education

Richard

Thank Post
    Another +1 for AB Tutor, we moved a lot of Ranger users that went native 2008R2 over to it as it gave them some tools that they felt uncomfortable without when the Ranger for Networks was removed, without the costs of some of the alternative solutions.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 974 Posts
    Not that it is really related to this post and not trying to side track but I'm just surprised I have not heard anyone mention Impero V3

10. Thanks to mac_shinobi from:

russdev (9th October 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    Not that it is really related to this post and not trying to side track but I'm just surprised I have not heard anyone mention Impero V3
    At a guess thats a money thing? Not that i've ever looked into the cost of Impero but i would assume it's going to be more expensive......apologies if i am wrong.

I'm sure i've read something from russdev before on another forum to also say he doesnt like Impero being compared to AB Tutor etc as it does a lot more than those types of software so shouldnt be compared......i think it was somewhere on the general forum but again, could be wrong.

a big +1 for AB Tutor from me, i really like it. The .msi creation tool is very good and easy to use as well if anyone felt like pushing it out that way.

Thank Post
    out of intrest , does the MSi tool install the mirror driver ? or do i need to manually/wpkg it ?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2097 View Post
    out of intrest , does the MSi tool install the mirror driver ? or do i need to manually/wpkg it ?
    Off the top of my head the MSI tool gives you the option of whether the mirror driver is installed or not. Basically you download the MSI creator, import the exe into it which downloads as well, then it gives you options of things and then you export the MSI with those options.

That's what I remember, but it was a couple of months ago i used it......

AB Tutor Control Knowledgebase :: How to automate the installation of AB Tutor Control

that might be a useful read

Thank Post
    Another +1 for AB. The only bit I don’t like is I have to run a 2nd PC with a 2nd AB to use a ban list. Otherwise the 1st PC cannot view all users and cycle though the screens.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RTFM View Post
    At a guess thats a money thing? Not that i've ever looked into the cost of Impero but i would assume it's going to be more expensive......apologies if i am wrong.

I'm sure i've read something from russdev before on another forum to also say he doesnt like Impero being compared to AB Tutor etc as it does a lot more than those types of software so shouldnt be compared......i think it was somewhere on the general forum but again, could be wrong.

a big +1 for AB Tutor from me, i really like it. The .msi creation tool is very good and easy to use as well if anyone felt like pushing it out that way.
    Is it not that we don't liking compared to AB Tutor as we are naturally going to be. Just people used to (not so much now) forget we did lot more than just classroom management.

Regards

Russell

Thank Post
    Another ABt user here. Great value for money too without client costs.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast