+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Need help with MRBS in Technical; Hi My implementation of mrbs is wholetonesound.com/mrbs/web/ 1. Even logged in as admin, I cannot delete/modify bookings. 2. Also, whenever ...

Thank Post

Unhappy Need help with MRBS

Hi
    My implementation of mrbs is wholetonesound.com/mrbs/web/
    1. Even logged in as admin, I cannot delete/modify bookings.
    2. Also, whenever I login as any real user, i get this message:
    Request Entity Too Large

The requested resource
    /mrbs/web/help.php
    does not allow request data with GET requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.17 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_jk/1.2.30 Server at wholetonesound.com Port 80

But then if i hit the browser's back button, and click on Rooms, or a date, I am logged in and get the message "You are admin" or whomever I'm logged in as.
    This is strange behaviour and I'd like it to stop but don't know how. Any help would be appreciated.

3. Also, on a lower priority, I'd like to change the link "Meeting Room Booking System" to something of my chosing, but can't find this in the config.inc.php file, or any other file for that matter. I can see the href when i "View Source" in Safari, just can't find the line in any of the files.
    I hope this all makes sense. If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd be off to the races!
    Great forum btw!
    Thanks

Thank Post
    What version are you using? Its blocked here.

For recent versions of mrbs, the defaults are stored in a file called systemdefaults.inc.php. To change one of these settings, copy it into the config.inc.php file, and change it there. Some settings for areas only change the default for new areas, not for existing ones. These can be changed on mrbs under the area.

You can change the user-visible text in the lang.en file (or the appropriate one for your language). Its probaly a good idea to make a note of any changes for when you come to upgrade in the future

Can I suggest a good read through of the Authentication file included with mrbs. It documents all typical configurations for authentication. My guess is you are using the built-in user accounts in config.inc.php/systemdefaults.inc.php and are missing the unset() line. If the authentication file doesn't help, please let us know what your config is.

Thank Post

Smile

hey, Chris_Cook thanks very much! That did the trick.
    Cheers!
    Last edited by vicwind; 4th October 2011 at 05:10 AM. Reason: thanks were due!

Thank Post
    I'm still unable to edit/delete any of my entries in the calendar.
    When i attempt to I get the "Request entity too large" error again.
    This also happens on login, although after returning from the error page back to my calendar, it shows me logged in as the correct user.
    I can create, edit, delete rooms in my areas, just can't modify bookings.
    This must be a server side setting that I'm missing.
    Thanks for any advice!

UPDATE: here's what I received from my ISP concerning these errors:
    Hi,

Due to some injection that we have found on our servers, we have forced to ban some apache patterns such as "url=http" and as you can see the provided URL has this pattern. Please try to modify PHP scripts on your account.

Best Regards,
    Canaca-Com Inc.

DOes that give a smarter person a clue?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by vicwind; 5th October 2011 at 05:12 PM.

Thank Post
    You might want to change your admin password...

In someplaces, mrbs passes returl=http://whatever.com/lastpage.php/ or similar to return the user to the previous page after its done something like deleting an entry.

Your two choices are to rewrite the bits of mrbs to work differently (and that relys on your isp not filtering on "http", you might be able to change it to returl1=http://...), or to find another isp. If your booking system doesn't need to be available on the public internet, then you can host it fairly easily on a windows or linux server.

However, It strikes me that something else might be going wrong as well as the isp block. the page returned by del_entry.php doesn't like the stock one, have you made any customisations to it?

Thank Post
    Thanks again, Chris_Cook.
    I've not yet changed the admin password (can't figure out why to do that) but I have not made any customizations in del_entry.php.
    I'll try changing the admin password to my database and see if that makes a diff.
    Thanks

Thank Post
    Hi

I hope this helps

MRBS: Documentation : AUTHENTICATION

Richard

Thank Post
    Thanks, Richard; I've read that and tried several schemes. I did get imap to work. But there is another problem: the only way i can edit/delete an entry (as an admin user) is by removing the following from the address bar in the broswer : &series=0&returl=http%3A%2F%2Fwholetonesound.com%2 Fmrbs%2Fweb%2Fweek.php%3Fyear%3D2011%26month%3D10% 26day%3D02%26area%3D1%26room%3D4

if I remove that, the entry gets modified or deleted just as you'd expect.
    If I don't remove that, I get the "get request" error again.
    Does this offer a further clue?
    Thanks again!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread