+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, iTalc Client Connection Issue in Technical; I found iTalc the other day and was very excited to use it in my classroom. I have all systems ...

Thank Post

iTalc Client Connection Issue

I found iTalc the other day and was very excited to use it in my classroom. I have all systems running Windows 7 64-bit and have installed iTalc version 2 for 64-bit systems. I installed it fine on my computer (master machine) I then created the public key and saved it to my flash drive. Next, I installed iTalc 2 on the client computer using the downloaded install file and this time unchecked the master install. It installed the client and then I went into the management software and imported the public key I created. Then I added the computer to the list on the master machine. It says host unreachable, but when I go over to the client computer a box comes up saying something about an authentication error and that someone is trying to connect to the computer but was unable to authenticate.

I am able to ping the machine just fine and I have used the hostname to add the computer and not the IP. I have also disabled Windows Firewall for now until I get it up and running. I can't find any solutions to this issue. I feel that I am so close to getting this up and running.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Thank Post

Solved - maybe...

I had the same problem, although on 32-bit Windows 7 machines.

It was driving me absolutely bats. I finally found a solution, though. See (hypertexttransferprotocol) sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3109987&group_id=132465& atid=724375 - and closely read the last paragraph. I was setting up the keys on my teacher's PC with the user role set to "Teacher", and importing the keys on the student machines with user role set to "Other" (because I couldn't find "Student"). That, it seems, is a no-no.

What you may need to do (YMMV, of course - I'm using 32-bit Win7, as I said) is make sure that you set up all machines with the same user role. The only difference in installation is that you need to uncheck the iTALC Master box in the Choose Components window on the student machines - which you are already doing, I believe.

I hope this helps!

BTW, sorry about the http obfuscation above: this is my first post here, and I can't insert a link. Ain't tech grand?

John

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread