+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Network and Classroom Management Thread, CC4 Database, Can you rebuild it in Technical; Dont attempt to do anything yourself if the slow down is a result of your database growing quite large then ...

Thank Post
    Dont attempt to do anything yourself if the slow down is a result of your database growing quite large then RM will do a clearup for you usually overnight. See tech article TEC1374694

Thank Post
    Thanks for all your advice everyone, I have decided that I will not do it however I Have been told by somone in a similar situation to reset the CC4DB user However I do not know the Username or the Password for it, Can anyone list for me the users and passwords that are needed for the CC4DB or point me in the right direction on RM Support.

Thanks Paul

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,302 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think it would be safest if members point you in the direction of RM support for this given the sensitive nature of your request.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Warner View Post
    Thanks for all your advice everyone, I have decided that I will not do it however I Have been told by somone in a similar situation to reset the CC4DB user However I do not know the Username or the Password for it, Can anyone list for me the users and passwords that are needed for the CC4DB or point me in the right direction on RM Support.

Thanks Paul
    I don't believe this is something that's given out, usually third line have to do all database work.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box View Post
    I think it would be safest if members point you in the direction of RM support for this given the sensitive nature of your request.

Of course I understand that is somebody can give me a link to it or the relavnt TEC Code (I Belive that is what it is called), If they are not give out then ok

Thanks

Thank Post
    There is no tec article you need to phone RM support and get them to sort it!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallwood_6 View Post
    There is no tec article you need to phone RM support and get them to sort it!
    Ok Thansk for that, I will give them a Call later, Do you think they will give it to me depending on my request ?

Thanks

Thank Post
    If your calling them just get them to remote on and fix it, what do you hope to achieve yourself which they could not accomplish?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallwood_6 View Post
    If your calling them just get them to remote on and fix it, what do you hope to achieve yourself which they could not accomplish?

Nothing, I never actually thought of getting them to do it, That would appear to be the most logical idea, Thanks for that !!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Warner View Post
    Nothing, I never actually thought of getting them to do it, That would appear to be the most logical idea, Thanks for that !!
    I'd log a call online as it'll have to be escalated up to third line and I don't think you can get through to them on the phone.

Log a call explaining the problems, and they can escalate it up.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,859 Times in 1,252 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    I'd log a call online as it'll have to be escalated up to third line and I don't think you can get through to them on the phone.

Log a call explaining the problems, and they can escalate it up.
    Unless online support has gone through some kind of revolution I wouldn't bother to log anything online.
    I find that if you want anything done, pick up the phone.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    Unless online support has gone through some kind of revolution I wouldn't bother to log anything online.
    I find that if you want anything done, pick up the phone.
    I see. I usually find if you tell them what you want, from the word go, you get it.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    I see. I usually find if you tell them what you want, from the word go, you get it.
    online support redirects straight to india every time. if you then call the support number with the same reference it gets taken over by someone in scotland who will take charge even if you then continue to update online.
    but if you only use online, you will only get india and 99% of the time they will have a script to run through before they can even consider escalating things

and this is direct from our old regional manager telling us this when asked.

Thank Post
    Ok so I have got a reply back form RM I have not rung them yet and they have told me to check that the following file is located on the DC "RM.Networks.Comms.Data.Dal.dll.config" But I can not find it and they told me that, That is why the RMMC is so slow and to restore form backup, But that is the problem I can not find that file in any backup and do not know what package it is in so I can reinstall it,

I was then told by someone else that the file is only installed on Commissioning a CC4 Server and I would have to pay RM to recommision it (But obviously that is not going to happen as everything still works but its very slow), Does anyone know what that gets installed in or if anyone could perhaps point me in the right direction to get the file

Thanks all

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12